Penangites to learn if MCO will be implemented on Saturday (May 8)

United States News News

Penangites to learn if MCO will be implemented on Saturday (May 8)
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 staronline
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 75%

GEORGE TOWN: The decision on whether the movement control order will be implemented in Penang will be announced on Saturday (May 8).

Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow said a special National Security Council meeting on Covid-19 chaired by Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin on Friday considered the state's risk analysis report and the decision would be announced after a scheduled technical meeting on Saturday.

"Following the meeting, I had further discussions with the state Health Department directors, state NSC and state secretary in regards to the preparation that need to be taken to go through this difficult period," he said in a statement on Friday. Present during the meeting through video conferencing were state police chief Comm Datuk Sahabudin Abd Manan, MBPP mayor Datuk Yew Tung Seang and MBSP mayor Datuk Rozali Mohamud.

Chow said during the meeting, the Health Ministry also said usage of intensive care unit beds in Covid-19 treatment hospitals in the state had reached 83%.Article type: metered

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

staronline /  🏆 4. in MY

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Ismail Sabri: Govt not planning to enforce nationwide MCO, proceeds with targeted MCO | Malay MailIsmail Sabri: Govt not planning to enforce nationwide MCO, proceeds with targeted MCO | Malay MailJERANTUT, May 8 — The government is not planning to implement nationwide movement control order so far, however, it will proceed with targeted movement restrictions, said Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob. Ismail Sabri said the targeted MCO could also be enforced...
Read more »

Penangites flock to markets ahead of MCO | New Straits TimesPenangites flock to markets ahead of MCO | New Straits TimesGEORGE TOWN: Markets in various parts of the island were swarmed with customers today following the announcement of a lockdown in several districts and sub-districts in Penang beginning tomorrow.
Read more »

Und18 calls for May 13 social media protest against PN govt, MCOUnd18 calls for May 13 social media protest against PN govt, MCOCiting the latest announcement of MCO 3.0 as a failure of the PN govt, the Undi18 coalition has called for a social media protest on May 13. It said that the MCO 3.0 was proof that the govt failed to control Covid-19 despite calling for an emergency.
Read more »

MCO 3.0: Blanket loan moratorium may not be the best solution, says BNM | New Straits TimesMCO 3.0: Blanket loan moratorium may not be the best solution, says BNM | New Straits TimesKUALA LUMPUR: A blanket loan moratorium may not be the best solution for borrowers following the re-imposition of the Movement Control Order (MCO) nationwide; instead they should approach banks to help them meet their debt obligations, Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) said.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-30 07:32:46