Over 5 million people have applied for the R350 grant, says Sassa

United States News News

Over 5 million people have applied for the R350 grant, says Sassa
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 IOL
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 51%

Sassa said that its application system was now processing millions of applications at once and that applicants for the R350 grant would soon be able to view their current status.

The the highest number of applicants for the grant were in the 20 to 24 and 25 to 29 age groups, respectively.

When moving the country to adjusted level 3 of the lockdown, President Cyril Ramaphosa also reinstated the SRD grant, adding that caregivers who were receiving the child support grant were also eligible for the SRD grant. When opening applications on August 6, the agency said that it had gotten off to a slow start due to excessive traffic on its website.

At the time, Sassa CEO Boitumelo Memela-Khambula said that this was a clear indication of the huge need for food aid, among other things, from distressed inhabitants of the country, and that Ramaphosa could not have reinstated this grant at a better time.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IOL /  🏆 46. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Moya App hits back at Sassa's R350 grant applications warningHave you been using the Moya App to apply for the R350 grant?
Read more »

Using the Moya App to check your R350 grant application? Sassa says you shouldn'tApplicants say they're using it because the original app seems 'broken', while company says it's trying to help with data-free access to the grant application website.
Read more »

Beware of scammers, Sassa warns grant recipientsBeware of scammers, Sassa warns grant recipientsScammers were using different tacts to trick unsuspecting beneficiaries.
Read more »

Applicants for new Sassa Covid-19 grant strugglingBeneficiaries of the R350 Covid-19 social relief of distress grant say they have been left frustrated by the new process of reapplying on the online platforms that they describe as slow and gobbling up their data in the process. penwelld
Read more »

Don't all apply at once for Covid grant, Sassa urges as system crashesDon't all apply at once for Covid grant, Sassa urges as system crashesSince applications opened last Friday, around 4.4 million people had applied. This is about four times higher than last year.
Read more »

Sassa: Some beneficiaries haven’t received disability grants since FebruarySassa: Some beneficiaries haven’t received disability grants since FebruaryFrustrated temporary disability grant beneficiaries say Sassa offices are not coping.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 11:26:54