Ovarian cancer survivor defies the odds to give birth to a healthy boy

United States News News

Ovarian cancer survivor defies the odds to give birth to a healthy boy
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 News24
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 47 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 22%
  • Publisher: 80%

Ovarian cancer survivor defies the odds to give birth to a healthy boy | Parent24

In September 2016, Amy and her husband, Marc , got married and took a honeymoon to Italy and Greece where they took in the beautiful sights and local foods.

"So needless to say, when we returned home I’d gained a bit of weight, but nothing unusual, just a couple of pounds. I was certain the weight would come off quickly once we got back to our regular lifestyle." As Amy was only 30 at the time, she hadn’t expected the result to come back with a cancer diagnosis."In that moment I was definitely in shock. I lay down on my bed and called my mom because I felt like my world had just stopped.

In December 2016, Amy began her first of four chemotherapy cycles, with her final round in March 2017. "The sky seems bluer, hugs are a bit tighter, life just feels so much fuller, so living life during treatment can be very, very rich. When you’re diagnosed, you start really living." "Pregnancy was amazing. I really can’t complain. Sure, I had morning sickness, fatigue, heartburn and insomnia, but compared with what I’ve been through, it was easy.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

News24 /  🏆 4. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

3 times Mona Monyane & Khulu Skenjana were totes #LoveGoalsMona recently posted a sweet message to Khulu on her Instagram that will make your knees weak.
Read more »

Teacher who filmed Carletonville creche assaults not arrested, yetPolice have confirmed that the teacher who filmed several disturbing videos of another teacher assaulting toddlers at a Carletonville crèche has not been arrested.
Read more »

Idols SA winner Yanga sticks to her plan to be a gospel star & it's workingShe shocked many when she won Idols SA last year and declared that she would be the taking on gospel music instead of the typical pop route.
Read more »

Now grown up: the Rwandan genocide orphans who found a bigger family'Other people ... told how she was beaten, how she was tortured, got raped,' he said. 'She became like a mad person. She got traumatized.'
Read more »

Rustenburg manager quits over ‘continuous sexist attacks’Rustenburg manager quits over ‘continuous sexist attacks’She said she had been told Rustenburg could not be led by a 'Zulu girl' and that she must return to KwaZulu-Natal.
Read more »

Bonang's baby shower plans? Maybe when she's a billionaireThe star told fans this week that she was in full swing making arrangements for her 32nd birthday.
Read more »

Teacher shares trauma of almost being raped by Grade 8 pupilA Free State teacher has taken to social media to share the horror she endured last week after she was allegedly almost raped by a pupil whilst on school premises.
Read more »

Man accused of raping stepdaughter remanded in custody“She then investigated and discovered that she has been allegedly sexually molested by the stepfather‚ dating back to 2017. She then reported the matter to the police‚ leading to his arrest.
Read more »

Parents 'thought she was the friendliest teacher at the school'It was unclear by Wednesday night whether or not the children caught on camera being assaulted at a Johannesburg creche were the only victims of this caregiver.
Read more »

De Lille accuses DA of blocking projects she initiated at Imizamo Yethu - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.
Read more »

Constitutional Court interviews turn into he-said-she-saidConstitutional Court interviews turn into he-said-she-said🔒 The candidate left off the shortlist for appointment to the Constitutional Court — Gauteng high court judge Fayeeza Kathree-Setiloane — was considered one of the favourites by a number of lawyers the M&G spoke to.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 03:35:00