NSTlifestlye: New Pixar animation Onward topped the North American box office this weekend, but with one of the lowest starts of any Pixar/Disney film.
The family-oriented movie took in an estimated US$40 million for the Friday-to-Sunday period, somewhat below projections, industry watcher Exhibitor Relations reported.
Media analyst Paul Dergarabedian said that while overall US viewership was down for the weekend, the virus seemed to have had “zero impact” there. In second place, down one spot from last week, was Universal’s thriller “The Invisible Man,” at US$15.2 million. Elisabeth Moss plays the ex-girlfriend of a man who seems to return to haunt her after supposedly committing suicide.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
19 still trapped in collapsed Covid-19 hotelBEIJING: Rescuers are searching for 19 people who remain trapped in rubble following the collapse of a hotel used as a Covid-19 coronavirus quarantine facility in eastern China on Saturday, state media reported.
Read more »
'It's pandemonium': Covid-19 panic-buying hits Los AngelesLOS ANGELES: Sprinting shoppers, rationed mineral water and not a roll of toilet paper to be seen: panic-buying sparked by the Covid-19 coronavirus soared in Los Angeles, the United States, this week.
Read more »
France Covid-19 cases soar to 613PARIS: France has 613 confirmed cases of Covid-19 coronavirus, the head of the public health service, Jerome Salomon, said on Friday, which is an increase of 190 compared to a day earlier.
Read more »
Covid-19: Six new cases recorded, bringing total number to 99PETALING JAYA: Six new Covid-19 cases were recorded on Sunday (March 8), bringing the total number to 99, says the Health Ministry.
Read more »