Northern Cape premier urges public not to panic as province registers first cases of Covid-19

United States News News

Northern Cape premier urges public not to panic as province registers first cases of Covid-19
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 SowetanLIVE
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 19 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 11%
  • Publisher: 63%

The first two people who tested positive for Covid-19 in Northern Cape are a couple from Hartswater who attended the Church Conference in Bloemfontein between March 11 and 13

Incoming Northern Cape premier Zamani Saul has urged the public to remain calm as the province recorded its first two cases of Covid-19 on Monday.The first two people who tested positive for Covid-19 in the Northern Cape are a couple from Hartswater who attended the Church Conference in Bloemfontein between March 11 and 13.

Northern Cape premier Zamani Saul said he appreciated the couple's proactive and open response in getting themselves tested as soon as they became aware of the reported positive patients from the conference.He said they had been visited by the department of health’s rapid response team and were in quarantine at home, where they pose no risk to the community.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SowetanLIVE /  🏆 13. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Second Covid-19 case in Eastern Cape: province 'baffled' at how tourist was allowed to travelThe Eastern Cape government is implementing stringent measures to prevent tourists spreading coronavirus in the province.
Read more »

Second Covid-19 case in Eastern Cape: province 'baffled' at how tourist was allowed to travelThe Eastern Cape government is implementing stringent measures to prevent tourists spreading coronavirus in the province.
Read more »

Cape Town hospital assures public it is ready for Covid-19 patients despite reportsCape Town hospital assures public it is ready for Covid-19 patients despite reports'We have implemented all the necessary precautionary measures in close consultation with the DoH and the National Institute of Communicable Diseases.'
Read more »

Eastern Cape beach resort shut after guest tests positive for Covid-19A tourist, who is among a tour group of 11 visiting Chintsa, near East London, has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to the management of the Crawford Beach Lodge.
Read more »

German passengers stranded in Cape Town now on their way homeThe cruise ship MV AidAmira’s more than 1,700 passengers and crew had been unable to leave since March 16 due to a suspected Corona-19 outbreak
Read more »

Eastern Cape nurse arrested after being caught allegedly stealing face masksEastern Cape nurse arrested after being caught allegedly stealing face masksPolice have opened a criminal investigation following the arrest and the health department was expected to launch internal disciplinary processes against the nurse.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 07:38:53