NSTworld NKorea on Saturday fired two projectiles presumed to be short-range ballistic missiles into the sea off its east coast, Seoul’s military said.
The projectiles were fired from North Pyongan province into the Sea of Japan, also known as the East Sea, the South’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a statement, without providing further details.Japan’s defence ministry said the North launched what appeared to be “ballistic missile-like object“, adding there had been no indication of anything coming down in Japanese territory or its exclusive economic zone.
This combination picture taken on March 20, 2020 and released from North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency on March 21 shows an artillery fire competition between large combined units of the Korean People's Army on the western front. The North has been continuing to refine its weapons capabilities, analysts say, more than a year after a summit between its leader Kim Jong Un and US President Donald Trump broke down in Hanoi.
Saturday’s launch came weeks after Kim sent a personal letter to the South’s President Moon, offering “comfort” for the coronavirus outbreak in the country. That message had followed an unprecedented statement from Kim’s younger sister Yo Jong, when she berated Seoul for its condemnation of Pyongyang’s weapons test earlier this month was a “truly senseless act” and “perfectly foolish.”
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
North Korea fires 2 'ballistic missiles' amid pandemicAnalysts say the North continued refining its weapons capabilities after disarmament talks with US stalled. FMTNews
Read more »
Twice singer Tzuyu back Korea after mandatory 14-day quarantine for Covid-19Korean girl group singer Tzuyu has reunited with her Twice sisters in Korea after serving a mandatory 14-day quarantine in Taiwan.
Read more »
'Nut rage' heiress takes on brother in S. Korea succession feud | Malay MailSEOUL, March 20 — The “nut rage” heiress who forced a plane to turn back over her macadamias is fighting a bitter battle — with activist shareholder support — against her brother for control of the family airline, highlighting resistance to reform in South Korea's chaebols. Cho Hyun-ah,...
Read more »
Korea plans massive W50tr injection to resuscitate virus-hit economySEOUL, March 19 (The Korea Herald/ANN) -- South Korea is planning a series of measures amounting to W50tr to save its virus-hit economy.
Read more »
S. Korea: Global economy to show U-shaped recovery over COVID-19 outbreakSEOUL: The global economy is expected to show a U-shaped recovery for the next two years as the Covid-19 outbreak may drive the world economy into a slowdown this year before bouncing back next year, South Korean Deputy Prime Minister for economic affairs Hong Nam-ki said on Friday (March 20).
Read more »
Medical aid trickles into N. Korea after sanctions, border checksNorth Korea is especially vulnerable to an outbreak, as its health system lacks resources. FMTNews
Read more »