Nigeria has second confirmed coronavirus case - health minister

United States News News

Nigeria has second confirmed coronavirus case - health minister
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 SowetanLIVE
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 33 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 63%

Health Minister Osagie Ehanire said the second case had been in contact with the Italian man

The first case was an Italian man who flew in to southwestern commercial capital Lagos on February 24 from Milan on a Turkish Airlines flight that had a connection in Istanbul. The following day he travelled to neighbouring Ogun state and was in the country for nearly two full days before being isolated.

The case, the first in sub-Saharan Africa, prompted fears of an outbreak in Lagos, a city of 20 million people in a country of some 200 million inhabitants. But until Monday it was the only confirmed case in a country that won plaudits for preventing a major outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus in 2014.

, who is a vendor working for cement company Lafarge Africa PLC and is being treated at a hospital in the Yaba dristict of Lagos. The Lagos state health commissioner, Akin Abayomi, said on Saturday Nigerian officials were experiencing"some challenges" in tracking down people who were on the flight with the Italian.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SowetanLIVE /  🏆 13. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Second case of coronavirus confirmed in South Africa - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Second case of coronavirus confirmed in South Africa - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.The Business Rescue Practitioners (BRP) at South African Airways (SAA) will have to produce a new restructuring plan for SA Express.
Read more »

Coronavirus in SA: Health minister confirms third caseBREAKING: The wife of the country's first coronavirus case has tested positive for Covid-19, the health minister confirmed on Sunday.
Read more »

PODCAST | Economic news of the week: recession and Covid-19With SA confirming its first case of coronavirus, the economic outlook looks even more bleak
Read more »

LIVE BLOG: Coronavirus hits SALIVE BLOG: Coronavirus hits SAThe first case of coronavirus in South Africa has been confirmed.
Read more »

Provincial Health Depts condemn two patients for lying about having coronavirusProvincial Health Depts condemn two patients for lying about having coronavirus
Read more »

SA' second coronavirus case confirmedSA' second coronavirus case confirmedAccording to the Health Department, a 39-year-old woman was in direct contact with the first known case of a man in KwaZulu-Natal.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 04:30:15