Mozambique soldiers killed another 50 jihadists this week – govt

United States News News

Mozambique soldiers killed another 50 jihadists this week – govt
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 TheCitizen_News
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 21 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 75%

Interior Minister Amad Miquidade on Thursday reported around 20 attacks on 11 Cabo Delgado villages between the 3rd and 12th of May.

Mozambique’s army said it has killed 50 suspected jihadists in the northern Cabo Delgado province after another spate of insurgent attacks in the gas-rich region this week.

Miquidade said the militants had abducted citizens, destroyed a newly-built hospital and cut off telecommunication lines. Another eight were killed after the military quashed an attempted assault in Quissanga district early on Thursday, the minister added. Mozambican authorities have struggled to tackle the Cabo Delgado insurgency and only started officially acknowledging the unrest last month.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TheCitizen_News /  🏆 6. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

50 businesses shut down in Durban as operation targets unlicensed traders and illegal money lendersMore than 50 businesses operated by foreigners have been shut down in the Durban central business district for selling expired goods and operating without licenses
Read more »

Mozambique court annuls loans of $1.4 bnMozambique court annuls loans of $1.4 bnDebt campaigners welcomed the court's decision.
Read more »

Massive cable project set to give Africa internet boostMassive cable project set to give Africa internet boostThe consortium said the new cable will be buried in trenches 50 percent deeper than before.
Read more »

Metair says labour environment fragile amid partial return to workThe group is resuming operations in SA with a 50% workforce participation rate
Read more »

50 businesses shut down in Durban as operation targets unlicensed traders and illegal money lendersMore than 50 businesses operated by foreigners have been shut down in the Durban central business district for selling expired goods and operating without licenses
Read more »

Level 4 lockdown: Govt gazettes winter clothing listLevel 4 lockdown: Govt gazettes winter clothing listThere have been requests for the government to gazette a list of clothing and related products that can be sold.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 12:58:30