Most top military chiefs skipping Trump's July Fourth fest

United States News News

Most top military chiefs skipping Trump's July Fourth fest
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 politico
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 58 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 27%
  • Publisher: 59%

Most of Trump's top military chiefs are planning to skip his 'Salute to America'

The Pentagon delegation invited to join President Donald Trump on the National Mall for July Fourth includes acting Defense Secretary Mark Esper, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Joseph Dunford and a variety of top civilian officials and officers from the military services — but not the service chiefs for the Army, Navy, Air Force or Marine Corps.

Besides inviting the senior officials, "the White House provided 5,000 tickets to the Department of Defense" for service members, the Pentagon said in an announcement.Navy Secretary Richard Spencer, acting Air Force Secretary Matthew Donovan and James McPherson, an official performing the duties of Army undersecretary, will be there representing the services' civilian leadership, according to the Pentagon statement. Acting Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy will not be present.

Absent from the list are Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley — whom Trump has tapped to succeed Dunford as his next top military adviser — and his Navy, Air Force and Marine counterparts. The only service chief in attendance will be Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Karl Schultz. Instead of their top officers, the Navy, Air Force, Army and Marine Corps are sending a group of their next tier of leaders, including Vice Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Bob Burke, Air Force Vice Chief of Staff Gen. Stephen Wilson, incoming Army Vice Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Joseph Martin and one of several deputy commandants of the Marine Corps, Lt. Gen. Eric Smith.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

politico /  🏆 381. in US

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

'Baby Trump' balloon to crash the president's Fourth of July bash'Baby Trump' balloon to crash the president's Fourth of July bashThe organizers don't yet have permission to fill the balloon with the helium to make it float.
Read more »

Trump touts tanks to be on display July 4th on National MallTrump touts tanks to be on display July 4th on National MallTwo U.S. Army M1 Abrams tanks and two Bradley Fighting Vehicles will be on display on the National Mall on Thursday as part of Pres. Trump's plan to highlight the U.S. military in this year's Independence Day celebration.
Read more »

Trump Is Packing the July 4 Fireworks Because He’s Afraid of Getting BooedTrump Is Packing the July 4 Fireworks Because He’s Afraid of Getting BooedPresident Trump’s efforts to control the Fourth of July rally in Washington should be seen in the context of his fear that the crowd will boo him. jonathanchait writes
Read more »

Trump 'demands US military chiefs stand next to him' at 4th of July paradeTrump 'demands US military chiefs stand next to him' at 4th of July paradeDonald Trump has reportedly requested the chiefs of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines stand next to him during a special Fourth of July event.The US president has said a display of US military tanks will be part of the “Salute to America” event he is headlining in Washington on Thursday.There is
Read more »

Music Icon Carole King Clarifies ‘Capitol Fourth’ Performance: So Far Away From TrumpMusic Icon Carole King Clarifies ‘Capitol Fourth’ Performance: So Far Away From TrumpMusic icon Carole King wants everyone to know that she’s performing – along with Broadway’s Beautiful cast – as part of PBS’ traditional A Capitol Fourth event, and mo…
Read more »

'Baby Trump' blimp appears grounded for July 4 protest during president's DC celebration'Baby Trump' blimp appears grounded for July 4 protest during president's DC celebrationThe 'Baby Trump' blimp is grounded – for now. According to the activist group CODEPINK, the National Park Service granted the group a permit on July 1 to fly the balloon, but only if the balloon were filled with air, not helium
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 03:52:52