Education department records more than 100‚000 grade 8 applications after opening online admissions for the 2022 academic year
Students are shown in class at Irene Middle Farm School in Johannesburg. File photo: GALLO IMAGES/LUBABALO LESOLLE
The department recorded more than 100‚000 grade 8 applications in just four days after opening up the online system for the 2022 academic year. This year the department has split the application process into two phases. Phase one applications‚ which started on Tuesday and will end on September 3‚ are for parents and guardians whose children are currently in grade 7 at a public school in Gauteng and will be going to grade 8 in 2022.
“We are vindicated that the two-phase process was in the best interest of both learners and parents‚” Lesufi said.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
More than 100,000 applications for Gauteng schools recorded in 4 daysThe department recorded more than 100,000 grade 8 applications in just four days after opening up the online application system for the 2022 academic year.
Read more »
More than 100,000 applications for Gauteng schools recorded in 4 daysGauteng education MEC Panyaza Lesufi has given the thumbs up to a new two-phase application system, and says it appears to be working.
Read more »
'We are in the belly of vandalism,' says Lesufi as criminals target schoolsThe portfolio committee on basic education yesterday conducted oversight visits to Gauteng schools that were vandalised during last month’s unrest.
Read more »
Four things you need to know about the state of Covid-19 in Gauteng right nowGauteng aims to double the number of vaccinations administered per day to 100,000, with a particular focus on Johannesburg.
Read more »
Don't all apply at once for Covid grant, Sassa urges as system crashesSince applications opened last Friday, around 4.4 million people had applied. This is about four times higher than last year.
Read more »
'It’s self-hatred': parliament education committee visits looted Gauteng schoolsDuring violence and looting last month, Edenpark Secondary School in Alberton, Johannesburg, had one of its mobile classrooms torched.
Read more »