BEIJING: A 10-year-old boy and his mother have been rescued 52 hours after being trapped in the collapse of a virus quarantine site in southeastern China where 20 people have died. Video released by rescuers showed the two being pulled from the debris of the hotel that collapsed on Saturday.
Rescuers placing a boy pulled from the rubbles of a collapsed hotel on a stretcher in Quanzhou, southeast China's Fujian Province. Several have been killed and others trapped when in the collapsed Chinese hotel that was being used to isolate people who had arrived from other parts of China hit hard by the coronavirus outbreak, authorities said Sunday. - Xinhua/ANN
Video released by rescuers showed the two being pulled from the debris of the hotel that collapsed on Saturday. The hotel in the city of Quanzhou had been a quarantine site for people exposed to the new coronavirus, which for most people causes only mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia.
The building had been illegally reconstructed several times, the official Xinhua News Agency quoted an unidentified senior official saying Tuesday.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Ten die at collapsed China quarantine hotelCORONAVIRUS | Rescue personnel are still trying to recover 23 people believed to be trapped in the collapsed building.
Read more »
Death toll rises to 11 after hotel collapses in east ChinaFUZHOU: The death toll from a hotel building collapse in east China's Fujian Province on Saturday evening has risen to 11 by Monday (March 9), local authorities announced.
Read more »
China quarantine hotel death toll jumps to 2010 others still feared trapped in the rubble of the collapsed facility. FMTNews HotelCollapse China
Read more »
China quarantine hotel collapse toll jumps to 20BEIJING (AFP/Xinhua): The death toll from the collapse of a hotel used as a coronavirus quarantine facility in eastern China has risen to 20, authorities said Tuesday (March 10), with 10 others still feared trapped in the rubble.
Read more »
China inflation slips but stays high on virus, food worries
Read more »
China to ease travel curbs within locked-down Hubei provinceWUHAN: Hard-hit Hubei, the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak in China, will relax travel restrictions to allow healthy people to move within the province, government officials said on Tuesday (Mar 10). Hubei has been under lockdown since January with some 56 million people under quarantine, but the number of cases has declined in recent weeks.
Read more »