Migrants in Greece shot after breaking quarantine – The Manila Times

United States News News

Migrants in Greece shot after breaking quarantine – The Manila Times
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 TheManilaTimes
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 29 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 92%

LESBOS ISLAND, Greece: Two asylum-seekers on the Greek island of Lesbos were shot and injured after apparently violating coronavirus quarantine rules, officials said Thursday. The two men, an Iranian and an Afghan, reported to the camp’s infirmary with ...

Two asylum-seekers on the Greek island of Lesbos were shot and injured after apparently violating coronavirus quarantine rules, officials said Thursday.

The two men, an Iranian and an Afghan, reported to the camp’s infirmary with buckshot wounds late Wednesday, sources at the Moria camp said.The men told police they had ventured out of the camp, which is under lockdown alongside the rest of Greece’s migrant facilities to limit the spread of the virus.

There have been coronavirus cases in two camps and a migrant hotel on the Greek mainland, wh1ere 150 people tested positive this week. So far, no cases have been reported in camps on the islands, with no widespread screening conducted by authorities.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TheManilaTimes /  🏆 2. in PH

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Palace to foreigners: Follow quarantine rules or leave – The Manila TimesPalace to foreigners: Follow quarantine rules or leave – The Manila TimesMalacañang on Thursday said foreigners who refuse to follow the guidelines for the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) are free to leave the country. Palace spokesman Harry Roque Jr. stressed that President Rodrigo Duterte’s directive on the ...
Read more »

Quarantine violators in Sampaloc will be treated 'as humanely as possible' — MPDQuarantine violators in Sampaloc will be treated 'as humanely as possible' — MPDWith the 48-hour lockdown set in Sampaloc for tonight, the Manila Police District says they will exercise maximum tolerance against quarantine violators, but will arrest hard-headed and uncooperative residents.
Read more »

First COVID-19 survivor from repurposed Ninoy Aquino Stadium dischargedFirst COVID-19 survivor from repurposed Ninoy Aquino Stadium dischargedThe Ninoy Aquino Stadium, which the government has converted into a quarantine facility for COVID-19 patients, sent home its first coronavirus survivor on Monday. | DJEsguerraINQ
Read more »

No more warnings: On-the-spot arrest, inquest await ECQ violatorsNo more warnings: On-the-spot arrest, inquest await ECQ violatorsPNP chief Gen. Archie Gamboa on Tuesday said that violators of the enhanced community quarantine would face immediate arrest and inquest proceedings instead of being warned. | CMarquezINQ
Read more »

Luzon-wide lockdown after April 30 not needed, health experts tell DuterteLuzon-wide lockdown after April 30 not needed, health experts tell DuterteThere was a near-consensus among health policy experts consulted by President Rodrigo Duterte that the current Luzon-wide lockdown be lifted on April 30, with only some parts of the region to remain under quarantine. COVID19PH FULL STORY:
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 20:45:29