Metro Manila’s Covid-19 positivity rate dips to 9.1% – OCTA

United States News News

Metro Manila’s Covid-19 positivity rate dips to 9.1% – OCTA
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 manilabulletin
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 33 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 51%

Amid the holiday festivities, Metro Manila’s Covid-19 positivity rate has dropped to less than 10 percent, independent OCTA Research group disclosed on Monday, Jan. 2.

In a tweet on Monday morning, OCTA Research fellow Dr. Guido David showed that Metro Manila’s positivity rate has dipped from 11.6 percent on Dec. 24, 2022 to 9.1 percent on Dec. 31, 2022.

Previously, the expert explained that positivity rate pertains to the number of individuals who test positive for Covid-19 out of all those who have been tested for the disease.Areas that logged an uptick in its seven-day positivity rates include Bataan , Benguet , and Isabela . Meanwhile, provinces that saw a decreasing positivity rates are the following: Albay , Batangas , Bulacan , Cagayan , Camarines Sur , Cavite , and Ilocos Norte .

Areas with improving Covid-19 positivity rates also include Ilocos Sur , Kalinga , La Union , Laguna , Mountain Province , Nueva Ecija , Pampanga , Pangasinan , Quezon , Rizal , Tarlac , and Zambales .

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

manilabulletin /  🏆 25. in PH

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

DOH reports 137 fireworks-related injuries; most cases from Metro ManilaDOH reports 137 fireworks-related injuries; most cases from Metro ManilaThe Department of Health (DOH) on Sunday, Jan. 1, said that there are 137 reported cases of fireworks-related injuries (FWRI) — mostly coming from Metro Manila.
Read more »

New Year Eve spurs hope in China even as censors target online COVID-19 contentNew Year Eve spurs hope in China even as censors target online COVID-19 contentWUHAN/BEIJING -- New Year&039;s Eve in China prompted an outpouring of reflection online, some of it critical, about the strict zero-COVID policy the country adhered to for almost three
Read more »

Pimentel: COVID situation in PH no longer warrants state of calamityPimentel: COVID situation in PH no longer warrants state of calamityAs the pandemic-induced state of calamity is set to expire by yearend, Senate Minority Leader Koko Pimentel said COVID-19 is no longer giving rise to any form of calamity in the country. | BPinlacINQ
Read more »

Australia to ring in 2023 with no COVID-19 restrictionsAustralia to ring in 2023 with no COVID-19 restrictionsA rainbow of color will light up Sydney Harbor, with 2,000 fireworks to be launched from the four sails of the Sydney Opera House, and 7,000 fireworks from more positions on the Sydney Harbor Bridge than ever before.
Read more »

PH mulls tests for travelers from 'high-alert countries' as COVID-19 cases surge in ChinaPH mulls tests for travelers from 'high-alert countries' as COVID-19 cases surge in ChinaThe Bureau of Quarantine is coordinating with airport and seaport terminal authorities 'for the possible reestablishment of testing of inbound travelers from high-alert countries.'
Read more »

Pimentel: COVID-19 no longer cause of any 'calamity' in PhilippinesPimentel: COVID-19 no longer cause of any 'calamity' in PhilippinesSenate Minority Leader Aquilino Pimentel III on Saturday backed the position of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr., who was hesitant to extend the state of the calamity in the country due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 04:33:58