MCMC blocks 1.8 billion scam calls from 2017 to 2022

United States News News

MCMC blocks 1.8 billion scam calls from 2017 to 2022
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 DailyExpress_MY
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 22 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 83%

The MCMC blocked 1.8 billion scam calls from 2017 to last year.

Fahmi said he was informed about the matter during his meeting with the National Anti-Financial Crime Centre together with MCMC and several other parties. He said that since 2018, a total of 300 million scam messages via SMS had been blocked.

“Please be careful during this festive season there will definitely be those who will take advantage of the situation," he told reporters after attending the Chinese New Year Open House organised by MCA here today.Fahmi also advised people who had fallen prey to scams to call the National Scam Response Centre at 997 to make a report so that immediate action can be taken and to prevent them from losing money.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

DailyExpress_MY /  🏆 3. in MY

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

MCMC blocked 1.8 billion scam calls from 2017 to 2022, Fahmi says | The Malaysian InsightMCMC blocked 1.8 billion scam calls from 2017 to 2022, Fahmi says | The Malaysian InsightMinister urges public to be wary of those who will take advantage of situation.
Read more »

Fahmi: MCMC blocked 1.8 billion scam calls from 2017 to 2022Fahmi: MCMC blocked 1.8 billion scam calls from 2017 to 2022KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 22 — The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) blocked 1.8 billion scam calls from 2017 to last year, said Communications and Digital...
Read more »

1.8 billion scam calls blocked by MCMC from 2017 to 2022, says Comms Minister1.8 billion scam calls blocked by MCMC from 2017 to 2022, says Comms MinisterKUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) blocked 1.8 billion scam calls from 2017 to last year, says Fahmi Fadzil.
Read more »

MCMC blocks 1.8 bln scam calls from 2017 to 2022: FahmiMCMC blocks 1.8 bln scam calls from 2017 to 2022: FahmiFahmi said that since 2018, a total of 300 million scam messages via SMS had been blocked. theSun theSundaily scammers calls blocked communications government ministry Malaysia
Read more »

1.8 bilion nombor panggilan 'scam' disekat sejak 2017, kata menteri | The Malaysian Insight1.8 bilion nombor panggilan 'scam' disekat sejak 2017, kata menteri | The Malaysian InsightSebanyak 300 juta nombor telefon scammer menerusi SMS sejak 2018 berjaya dikekang namun kes penipuan masih berlaku, kata Fahmi Fadzil.
Read more »

Fahmi Fadzil: Improved internet access prompts ‘quantum leap’ in digital economyFahmi Fadzil: Improved internet access prompts ‘quantum leap’ in digital economyKUALA LUMPUR, Jan 21 — Efforts to improve internet access can prompt a ‘quantum leap’ that can maximise the country’s digital economy revenue, says Communications and...
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 22:00:56