Marikana Massacre | Mpofu: Ramaphosa, Lonmin not of the hook

United States News News

Marikana Massacre | Mpofu: Ramaphosa, Lonmin not of the hook
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 eNCA
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 40 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 19%
  • Publisher: 51%

Marikana Massacre | Mpofu: Ramaphosa, Lonmin not of the hook eNCA

JOHANNESBURG -That's according to Dali Mpofu, the legal representative for mineworkers who were injuredHe was speaking at the official commemoration in Midrand on Monday.

"When we received the money of the injured, some of them were paid R300,000, and others were paid R400,000 depending on how long they had been arrested," he said. "But they did something that I will never forget, they said, when the money came, the injured people said, you must divide the money and pay us but can you put aside, take the money from all of us and put aside R1-million so that we can pursue a claim against Mr. Ramaphosa and Lonmin and that money was put in a trust and it is still sitting there in the trust."

President Cyril Ramaphosa and Lonmin are not off the hook yet, over the Marikana Massacre. That's according to Dali Mpofu, the legal representative for mine workers who were injured during the events of 2012. Courtesy

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

eNCA /  🏆 49. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Malema to NPA: Prosecute Ramaphosa for Marikana Massacre, or we willMalema to NPA: Prosecute Ramaphosa for Marikana Massacre, or we willMalema says the Marikana Massacre was necessitated by Ramaphosa’s ‘greediness’.
Read more »

Marikana massacre hijacked for political interests, says NUM“The National Union of Mineworkers views August month as one of the most unfortunate months that ever happened in the history of its existence.” MarikanaMassacre
Read more »

EFF to take on Ramaphosa in private prosecution over Marikana massacre — MalemaEFF leader Julius Malema says his party will push for the private prosecution of President Cyril Ramaphosa over his alleged role in the 2012 Marikana massacre due to the failure of the police and the prosecuting authorities to work on the case Malema opened against him.
Read more »

Marikana massacre | WATCH | What is behind the badge?Marikana massacre | WATCH | What is behind the badge?The Marikana massacre exposed some deep-rooted problems within the South African Police Service.
Read more »

Marikana: Still no justice | CitypressMarikana: Still no justice | CitypressNine years after the massacre at Lonmin, families of the dead have no closure, as no one has been prosecuted.
Read more »

Nine years on, yet no progress in case against those implicated in Marikana massacre: NGOThe Bench Marks Foundation says little progress has been made in bringing those implicated in the killing of 34 miners in Marikana nine years ago to book.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 09:52:02