To decongest the country’s jails, President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. instructed the Department of Justice to continue releasing inmates, or persons deprived of liberty, who are qualified for parole. | DYGalvezINQ
The President also backed DOJ’s plan to transfer hardened criminals to an Alcatraz-type prison, which would isolate them from the general jail population and put a stop to their criminal activities, especially some of them were still able to direct operations while behind bars.
“Iyan ‘yung mga ganoon we have to do that para hindi na maka-contact. Alam mo, we have to isolate them properly,” Marcos said. This year, the PCO said the justice department is eyeing to decongest prison facilities by transferring the maximum security compound in Muntinlupa City to a dedicated correctional facility in Sablayan, Occidental Mindoro.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Rich harvest from China visitMSEditorial Rich harvest from China visit It was only in November last year that President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. first met Chinese President Xi Jinping, at the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Bangkok. READ:
Read more »
Marcos visit to test ‘how truthful’ China is to pledges – analystsPresident Ferdinand Marcos Jr.’s three-day state visit to China last week would “test the waters and examine how truthful China can be on its words and promises,” according to analysts. | FMangosingINQ /PDI
Read more »
PBBM: PH to nurture China ties ‘more than in past years’The Philippines will nurture its relationship with China more than it did in the past decades, President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. said Saturday night, a few days after flying home from his state visit there READ:
Read more »
Marcos on Feast of Black Nazarene: Faith can conquer looming stormsMANILA, Philippines — On the Feast of the Black Nazarene, President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Monday told devotees that their faith can help conquer looming storms in their
Read more »
Marcos vows more big-ticket infra projectsPresident Ferdinand 'Bongbong' Marcos Jr. on Monday pledged to further improve the country's transport system as he led the launch of the Metro Manila Subway Project Tunnel Boring Machine in Valenzuela City. Read more: PHOTOS BY JOHN RYAN BALDEMOR
Read more »
Marcos picks Carlito Galvez as Defense secretaryPresident Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. has named Presidential Adviser on Peace, Reconciliation, and Unity Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. as secretary of the Department of National Defense.
Read more »