Man ordered to pay up over $270k of illegal income from online betting

United States News News

Man ordered to pay up over $270k of illegal income from online betting
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 YahooSG
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 55 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 71%

Man ordered to pay up over $270k of illegal income from online betting via yahoosg

Lee Ah Kwee was sentenced to 15 months’ jail and fined $351,000 back in May 2017 for acting as a bookmaker and buying an illegal lottery ticket, after a joint investigation between the Criminal Investigation Department and Commercial Affairs Department .

According to a police media release on Thursday , Lee was then ordered to pay a sum of $273,545.99 to the government on 14 February. Police investigations revealed that between 20 August 2013 and 10 July 2014, Lee roped in agents to accept illegal bets via online soccer betting accounts in connection with several international soccer events, including FIFA World Cup 2014.On 26 January 2017, Lee was convicted under Section 5 of the Betting Act and Section 9 of the Common Gaming Houses Act.

During the period under assessment, he accumulated an unexplained wealth of $273,545.99. CAD eventually sought a confiscation order against him to have this residual illegal income forfeited. Under Section 5 of the Corruption, Drug Trafficking and Other Serious Crimes Act, any person who is convicted of a serious offence is subjected to have the benefits derived by him from criminal conduct confiscated.Other Singapore stories:SportSG launches $2m grant for sports industry to create home-based activitiesTwo youths, 17, charged over 'how to spread Wuhan virus' video

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

YahooSG /  🏆 3. in SG

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Golf: Florida man suing Woods, caddie over alleged shove at 2018 tournamentGolf: Florida man suing Woods, caddie over alleged shove at 2018 tournamentLOS ANGELES (AFP) - A Florida man is suing Tiger Woods and caddie Joe LaCava over an alleged shove at the 2018 Valspar Championship and his lawyer asked witnesses to come forward on Wednesday (April 8).. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Commentary: India’s handling of COVID-19 a man-made tragedyCommentary: India’s handling of COVID-19 a man-made tragedyIn an attempt to address the pandemic, the government has created a humanitarian crisis, says Shashi Tharoor.
Read more »

Super spreader: US man with COVID-19 infects 15 after attending funeral, birthday partySuper spreader: US man with COVID-19 infects 15 after attending funeral, birthday partyBack in late February, when the US thought it had sealed itself off from the coronavirus, a Chicago resident with mild respiratory symptoms went ...
Read more »

Covid-19: Man charged for breaching safe distancing measures by holding illegal car raceCovid-19: Man charged for breaching safe distancing measures by holding illegal car raceSINGAPORE — A 30-year-old man was charged on Thursday (April 9) after he was arrested for organising an illegal car race involving more than 50 vehicles that breached Covid-19 safe distancing measures.
Read more »

Man behind south-east France knife attack was likely lone wolf: ProsecutorsMan behind south-east France knife attack was likely lone wolf: ProsecutorsPARIS (REUTERS) - The man who carried out a fatal knife attack in the south-eastern French town of Romans-sur-Isère earlier this month was likely to have acted alone, the French anti-terrorist prosecutor's department said on Wednesday (April 8).. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 23:18:49