Man nabbed for abusing cop after being asked to comply with MCO
Police personnel speak to members of the public during Ops Covid-19 in Klang March 19, 2020. — Picture by Yusof Mat Isa
Kuala Muda police chief ACP Adzli Abu Shah said police had earlier monitored the place at about 10.30pm following the enforcement of the order and found a group of people had gathered there. “We detained him not for violating the Movement Control Order but for obstructing the duty of a civil servant after we asked him to leave. He didn’t want to leave, he kept cursing us and refusing to cooperate,” he told reporters here yesterday.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Compound the MCO offenders, hit them where it hurts most — Hafiz Hassan | Malay MailMARCH 19 — I agree with the legal fraternity that the police should issue summonses on civilians who failed to obey directives under the Movement Control Order (MCO). When the outbreak of the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in Singapore began in late February 2003, the Republic’s key...
Read more »
Man arrested in Sg Petani for defying MCOSUNGAI PETANI: Police here detained a man in his 30s for allegedly defying the movement control order (MCO).
Read more »
Man arrested for violating MCOSUNGAI PETANI: A man was arrested today for refusing police’s orders to adhere to the Movement Control Order (MCO).
Read more »
Report: Man who tested positive for Covid-19 rode bus from JB to Kuantan | Malay MailKUALA LUMPUR, March 19 — A man travelled from Johor Baru to Kuantan, Pahang on March 16 before he received the result of his coronavirus disease (Covid-19) test, said the Kuantan Health Office. According to Free Malaysia Today, the man voluntarily underwent testing for Covid-19 in Johor but did...
Read more »
Amanah man urges Johor to suspend Ramadan bazaars over Covid-19 | Malay MailJOHOR BARU, March 18 — A senior Johor Pakatan Harapan (PH) leader urged the state government today to pre-emptively suspend Ramadan bazaars set to start next month as a precaution against the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic. Johor Parti Amanah Negara (Amanah) think tank chief Mohd Zuhan...
Read more »
Shafie reminds Sabahans to stay at home and comply with MCOKOTA KINABALU: Stay home and only come out if you need to buy essentials, says Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal.
Read more »