Man charged with threatening to kill Taoiseach on social media released on bail

Simon-Harris News

Man charged with threatening to kill Taoiseach on social media released on bail
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 IrishTimes
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 57 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 26%
  • Publisher: 98%

Patrick Grealish, from Lettermullen, Co Galway, appeared before Galway District Court on Monday afternoon

A 48-year old Connemara man charged with issuing a threat on social media to kill or cause serious harm to Taoiseach Simon Harris and his family has been released on bail.

The court was told that the offence under Section 5 of the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act, 1997, carries a sentence of up to 10 years on conviction.Two Ryanair passengers complain to Pricewatch. The airline is having none of itDetective Sergeant Eamonn O’Neill of the Special Detective Unit said that he arrested Mr Grealish on Sunday and charged him at Galway Regional Garda Headquarters. When invited to reply to the charge, Mr Grealish said “no thanks”.

Under cross-examination from defence solicitor Michael Cunningham, Det Sgt O’Neill accepted that Mr Grealish had been co-operative since his arrest on Sunday. The defence solicitor said his client was the sole carer for his elderly mother and that Mr Grealish had his own health issues. Grealish undertook to have no contact with the injured party, including online; to surrender his passport and not apply for new travel documents; to reside at his home; to be of good behaviour at all times; to provide gardaí with a contactable phone number; to observe a curfew between 11pm and 7am, and to appear at all court sittings in relation to this matter.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IrishTimes /  🏆 3. in İE

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Armagh 1-11 Galway 0-13: How the Galway players rated in the All-Ireland finalArmagh 1-11 Galway 0-13: How the Galway players rated in the All-Ireland finalThe Tribesmen were hit by an early injury to Rob Finnerty but too many marquee players failed to deliver
Read more »

Galway races: Pub syndicates celebrate success as punters look blue under grey Galway skiesGalway races: Pub syndicates celebrate success as punters look blue under grey Galway skiesTalk in the Park proved to be a very lovely horse winning the Tote Handicap Hurdle on Galway Plate Day
Read more »

Galway's Man of Aran could have destiny of All-Ireland semi-final in his handsGalway's Man of Aran could have destiny of All-Ireland semi-final in his handsWhen Galway reached the All-Ireland final two years ago, Mulkerrin wasn't part of the team, having had his season derailed by a serious knee injury. But it was noteworthy that manager Padraic Joyce kept him heavily involved, utilising Mulkerrin as a maor uisce in that campaign.
Read more »

Kevin Walsh's future with Cork footballers undecidedKevin Walsh's future with Cork footballers undecidedThe Galway man has coached John Cleary’s Rebels in recent years.
Read more »

Man who raped woman on Galway street continued attack after gardaí were calledMan who raped woman on Galway street continued attack after gardaí were calledWayne Higgins (27), of no fixed abode, was described by the woman as ‘an animal’ and ‘a danger to vulnerable women’
Read more »

Tributes pour for Galway man who tragically died in AustraliaTributes pour for Galway man who tragically died in AustraliaBallybrit man Kevin Ruane, who had been living in Perth, Australia, sadly lost his life during the week
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-29 03:05:19