Load shedding cannot be my fault: Mantashe

United States News News

Load shedding cannot be my fault: Mantashe
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 ewnupdates
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 25 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 53%

Mantashe's comments come on the back of calls for him to be axed after Eskom implemented stage 6 power cuts last week.

JOHANNESBURG - Minister of Energy Mineral Resources Gwede Mantashe said he was not responsible for the country's energy crisis.Speaking at the signing of power purchase agreements in Centurion on Thursday, Mantashe hit out at critics.

The challenges include Eskom’s inability to keep the lights on - owing to ageing infrastructure, corruption and insufficient generation capacity.While Eskom doesn’t fall under Mantashe’s ministry, the Democratic Alliance believes he should be axed over the latest power cuts.Other parties on the opposition benches appear to have taken exception to calls for Mantashe’s head.Meanwhile, Mantashe insisted that the signing of three power purchase agreements would help ease the crisis.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ewnupdates /  🏆 30. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

SA to ramp up energy supply at Eskom with IPPs, says MantasheSA to ramp up energy supply at Eskom with IPPs, says MantasheMineral Resources Minister, Gwede Mantashe has signed three preferred bidders of Independent Power Producers (IPPs) under the fifth bid window of the renewable energy procurement programme.
Read more »

Mantashe, Eskom management draw fire as MPs seek answers for latest power cutsMantashe, Eskom management draw fire as MPs seek answers for latest power cutsOpposition parties have not only called for the Eskom leadership to be axed, they’ve also singled out Minerals and Energy Minister Gwede Mantashe.
Read more »

JUSTICE MALALA: ‘Strongmen’ control power in a no-go area for EskomResidents of Winterveldt are at the mercy of thugs who have taken control of large sections of the Tshwane township, writes justicemalala.
Read more »

Joburg rejects Eskom demand for 38% tariff hikeJoburg rejects Eskom demand for 38% tariff hikeThe Multi-Party Government in Johannesburg says it rejects Eskom’s request to the National Energy Regulator of South Africa (NERSA) for a 38.1% electricity tariff increase for the 2023/24 financial year.
Read more »

Joburg metro says 18% Eskom tariff hike more feasible in present economyThe City of Johannesburg is asking the National Energy Regulator to limit the suggested increase to electricity tariffs to 18.4% at the most.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-29 23:18:04