Lessor withdraws Mango liquidation application | Fin24

United States News News

Lessor withdraws Mango liquidation application | Fin24
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 News24
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 68 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 31%
  • Publisher: 80%

Mango and its labour unions both agree that the airline needs to enter business rescue - a judge will deliver an order on the matter by next Wednesday. | Fin24

Subscribers can listen to this articleA creditor of Mango airlines has withdrawn a liquidation application, in order to allow a business rescue process to play out.

One of low-cost airline Mango's creditors has withdrawn a liquidation application as it waits for the outcome of a possible business rescue process - which a court must still rule on. Judge Michael Antonie, who heard arguments virtually from both sides on Friday, under the South Gauteng High Court, reserved judgment and is set to hand down a ruling by Wednesday.Numsa spokesperson Phakamile Hlubi Majola said the union wants the court to allow their preferred practitioner, Ralph Lutchman, to be involved in the business rescue process.

Hellens also put forward that SAA, which recently completed its business rescue process, would now be competing with Mango."That is the commercial reality out there. One wonders if SAA has the interest of Mango at heart," he added.Subel, however, argued that the delay was not sinister. As a public entity, Mango would require approval from the shareholder - which is government - to go ahead with the business rescue process.

"If anything, the government, Treasury and the minister, we submit, were acting responsibly as they were expected to do in taking a proper view, and a considered view as to whether or not business rescue was the appropriate course," said Subel."[There was] nothing sinister, nothing untoward and there was no contrivances," he added.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

News24 /  🏆 4. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Mkhize to file application for review of SIU's Digital Vibes reportMkhize to file application for review of SIU's Digital Vibes reportZweli Mkhize is accused of putting pressure on the Department of Health to hire Digital Vibes and benefiting from the R150 million contract.
Read more »

Constitutional Court reserves judgment in Muslim marriages applicationThe SCA ruling said it recognised the injustice and stigma suffered by Muslim women in South Africa because of the non-recognition of marriages concluded in terms of Sharia law. muslim sharia marriages TheCapeArgus
Read more »

Public servants warned against stealing from the poor as R350 Covid-19 grants applications openThe government warns that state employees accessing special social relief of distress grants commit fraud and will be referred to law enforcement agencies lockdown grants R350
Read more »

Children brought to SA without dad's consent must return to Thailand: courtThe court on Tuesday dismissed her application for leave to appeal against an order made by the Western Cape High Court in October last year, which ordered the children's return to Thailand.
Read more »

Zweli Mkhize resigns over Digital Vibes scandalHealth Minister Zweli Mkhize has resigned from his position “in order to bring certainty and stability” to the portfolio but he has committed to instituting a High Court application for the judicial review of the report that implicated him in corruption.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 06:43:32