The Johannesburg court has set aside Higher Education, Science and Technology Minister Blade Nzimande’s decision to place the Construction Education and Training Authority under administration.
The court set aside Nzimande’s decision to place Ceta under administration and reinstated the board.However, Ceta board and executive committee member Webster Mfebe warned Nzimande that should he decide to place the training authority under administration, this would be challenged in court.
Ceta and Mfebe were applicants, while Nzimande, his higher education director-general Gwebinkundla Qonde, the National Skills Authority and Sabelo Wasa, who was appointed as Ceta administrator by Nzimande, were respondents in court papers.In his ruling, Moshoane ordered that: “The decision to direct the director-general to issue and the issuance of GN 86 in Gazette No: 42991, published on February 3 2020 ,is declared invalid and ineffective in law.
In a statement issued by Nzimande’s spokesperson, Ishmael Mnisi, on Friday, Nzimande said he intended on appealing the ruling. “While individuals have a right to go to court, in this case it is clear that we may be seeing what has become the source of the rot in many state-owned entities. When some board members of state entities choose to go to court against government, it often happens when they start developing individual interests that are separate and often in conflict with the mandate of such entities,” Nzimande said.
“I also want make it clear that no amount of legal or any other delaying tactics are going to divert me from getting to the bottom of what seems to be serious rot in Ceta. The intention of placing Ceta under administration is precisely to get to bottom the of these matters, nail the culprits and, in the process, help clear those who are clean but often get wrongly implicated in such matters,” Nzimande said.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Cosatu calls on Ramaphosa to lead his administration - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Cosatu has called on President Cyril Ramaphosa to take charge and lead his administration.
Read more »
Sisi, what’s the use of voting? asks Pietermaritzburg residentResidents in Bhobhonono, Pietermaritzburg, say their community is neglected by government and things have not improved, even though the Msunduzi municipality was placed under administration last year.
Read more »
Sisi, what’s the use of voting? asks Pietermaritzburg residentResidents in Bhobhonono, Pietermaritzburg, say their community is neglected by government and things have not improved, even though the Msunduzi municipality was placed under administration last year
Read more »
Why SA’s job of progressing to Women’s T20 World Cup semis has become slightly easierWith the West Indies losing to Pakistan and England brushing aside Thailand on Wednesday‚ SA’s job of progressing to the Women’s T20 World Cup semifinals has become slightly easier.
Read more »
Moody’s sceptical on Tito Mboweni’s pay cutsCosatu prepares for a confrontation with president’s administration over cuts in public sector bill
Read more »
Moody’s sceptical on Tito Mboweni’s pay cutsCosatu prepares for a confrontation with president’s administration over cuts in public sector bill
Read more »