The world heavyweight title fight between Briton Anthony Joshua and the IBF's mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev of Bulgaria originally scheduled ...
REUTERS: The world heavyweight title fight between Briton Anthony Joshua and the IBF's mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev of Bulgaria originally scheduled for June 20 has been postponed, promoters Matchroom Boxing said on Friday.
Joshua's defence of his IBF, WBA, WBO and IBO titles was set to take place at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium but the coronavirus outbreak has brought global sport to a standstill, with no competition taking place in the United Kingdom."A new date for the event... is currently being worked on," Matchroom Boxing said in a statement https://www.matchroomboxing.com/news/joshua-vs-pulev-postponed.
Pulev said last month the fight would take place"towards the end of the year" due to the outbreak and that he would have no problem fighting without spectators in attendance. It marks the second time their bout has not gone ahead as planned. Joshua was initially due to fight Pulev at Cardiff's Principality Stadium in October 2017 but the Bulgarian withdrew after suffering a shoulder injury in sparring.
Pulev had previously challenged for the IBF world heavyweight title in 2014 but lost to Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg when he was knocked out in the fifth round.The 30-year-old Joshua reclaimed the WBA, WBO and IBF belts with a unanimous points win over Andy Ruiz Jr in December.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Boxing: Joshua could prioritise Fury fight in 2020, says promoterAnthony Joshua wants to face Tyson Fury in a world heavyweight unification fight if he has to settle for just one bout this year due to the ...
Read more »
Boxing: Joshua could prioritise Fury fight in 2020, says promoterAnthony Joshua wants to face Tyson Fury in a world heavyweight unification fight if he has to settle for just one bout this year due to the ...
Read more »
Coronavirus: UN’s COP 26 climate summit in Glasgow postponed to 2021, say officialsLONDON (REUTERS) - A climate summit that had been due to take place in Glasgow in November has been postponed to 2021 because of the coronavirus outbreak, officials said on Wednesday (April 1), throwing a new element of uncertainty into talks to tackle global warming.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
UN's COP26 climate summit postponed due to coronavirus pandemicLONDON: The United Nations' COP 26 climate change summit due to take place in the Scottish city of Glasgow in November has been postponed due to ...
Read more »
Sumo tournaments postponed as Japan coronavirus cases spreadTwo sumo tournaments scheduled for later this year have been postponed, the Japan Sumo Association said Friday, the latest sporting events to fall ...
Read more »
Cycling shutdown extended until June, Criterium postponedPARIS: The cycling race shutdown was extended until June on Wednesday (Apr 1) meaning French one-week stage race the Criterium du Dauphine will be ...
Read more »