ROME: Italy's soccer coaches have joined their players in criticising Serie A's recommendation that clubs impose wage cuts of two to four months' ...
ROME: Italy's soccer coaches have joined their players in criticising Serie A's recommendation that clubs impose wage cuts of two to four months' pay on them during the coronavirus outbreak.
Renzo Ulivieri, president of the Italian coaches' association , said that Serie A's announcement was overbearing and that reductions were inadmissible for lower-ranked coaching staff who in some cases earn below the national average.On Monday, Serie A proposed cutting annual wages by one-third if the competition - which has been suspended since March 9 - was unable to resume this season and by one-sixth if it was able to restart.
"The declaration of the Serie A League seems improvised to us because we still don't know what will happen to the championships," Ulivieri said in a statement. "We would like to avoid controversy because it is not the time. But the tone of the statement, which seems overbearing, is obviously not to our liking."
Ulivieri said that, while Italy's top coaches had already said they were willing to contribute with wage reductions, it was a different story for many lower paid assistants and other members of coaching staff."It should be remembered, that there are 'other' coaches, instructors, trainers and collaborators employed by football clubs who have merely working incomes, sometimes even below the national average," said Ulivieri.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Health D-G: One visitor to Italy caused 37 Covid-19 cases in MalaysiaKUALA LUMPUR, April 5 — Malaysia remains vulnerable to imported Covid-19 cases that could become new local clusters, health authorities warned after one patient who returned from Italy caused 37...
Read more »
One visitor to Italy caused 37 Covid-19 cases in MalaysiaKUALA LUMPUR — Malaysia remains vulnerable to imported Covid-19 cases that could become new local clusters, health authorities warned after one patient who returned from Italy caused 37 other infections.
Read more »
Italy reports lowest new virus infections in almost three weeksROME (BLOOMBERG) - Italy reported the lowest number of new coronavirus infections in nearly three weeks, prompting debate over how and when the country should start emerging from a nationwide lockdown.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Sarawak minister urges public not to attack Covid-19 patient who hid Italy visitKUCHING, April 6 — State Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister Datuk Karim Rahman Hamzah today called for a stop to accusations against a Covid-19 patient who did not disclose a visit to Italy after...
Read more »
Italy, Spain see slowing rate of coronavirus deathsROME: Italian officials said Sunday they may soon consider easing restrictions after seeing the daily coronavirus death toll plunge to its lowest in more than two weeks. The 525 official Covid-19 fatalities reported by the Civil Protection Service was the Mediterranean...
Read more »
MotoGP events in Italy, Catalunya join list of postponed racesREUTERS: The MotoGP season will not begin until mid-June after the Italian and Catalan races were postponed on Tuesday due to the coronavirus ...
Read more »