How can the Philippines secure enough drugs or vaccines against coronavirus?

United States News News

How can the Philippines secure enough drugs or vaccines against coronavirus?
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 rapplerdotcom
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 68 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 31%
  • Publisher: 86%

Researchers from the De La Salle University say that once effective treatments against COVID-19 become available, there will be a challenge to produce enough supply to match worldwide demand. COVID19PH

COVID-19. A nurse inserts a needle into the arm of a patient who has recovered from COVID-19 as he undergoes a procedure to donate plasma at a hospital in Manila on April 22, 2020. File photo by Maria Tan/AFP

"Discovering treatments and vaccines for COVID-19 will just be the first step. We need to prepare for the likely scenario that those pharmaceutical products will be in short supply," Tan told Rappler in an email., the top countries with pharmaceutical manufacturing plants are the United States, China, and India.

He added:"The local pharma manufacturers or subsidiaries which usually import the drug components, can make an advance and favorable arrangement with their foreign suppliers or parent companies." Yu said that the government, through the IATF or the Inter-Agency Task Force, may facilitate the seamless flow of transactions throughout the supply chain by easing restrictions on regulated chemicals, lowering or waving of import tariffs, and creating an express lane for efficient movement of materials from the ports up to their distribution points such as health centers.

"We recommend the first one so that we do not end up begging the richer countries for the drugs they've already stockpiled ahead of time," Razon said.flu drug Tamiflu"The options are naturally limited because the world is dealing with a new virus for which there is no confirmed cure and no vaccine. However, there is information available on pharmaceutical products that are being developed and tested.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

rapplerdotcom /  🏆 4. in PH

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

7,777 people in PH have COVID-19; 932 recover7,777 people in PH have COVID-19; 932 recoverMANILA, Philippines -- The novel coronavirus or SARS-CoV-2 has so far infected 7,777 individuals in the Philippines, with 198 new confirmed cases recorded by the Department of Health (DOH) on
Read more »

673 OFWs from Italy, Maldives back home amid COVID-19 pandemic673 OFWs from Italy, Maldives back home amid COVID-19 pandemicMANILA, Philippines —Six hundred seventy three overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) from Italy and Maldives returned home amid due to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic on
Read more »

Medtechs needed in Cebu; P1K per day wage offeredMedtechs needed in Cebu; P1K per day wage offeredCDNTopStories: Authorities are hiring at least 93 registered, medical technologists (Medtechs) in preparation for the massive and targeted coronavirus disease 2019 ( COVID-19) testing in the cities of Cebu, Mandaue, and Lapu-Lapu. Read more:
Read more »

South Korea donates P25-M Covid test kits to PHSouth Korea donates P25-M Covid test kits to PHTHE Korean government donated 700 coronavirus disease (Covid-19) test kits worth USD500,000, or P25 million to the Philippines, the Department of...
Read more »

SEARCA to discuss food security amid COVID-19 in first digital brainstorm webinarSEARCA to discuss food security amid COVID-19 in first digital brainstorm webinarCEBU CITY, Philippines—The “new normal” resulting from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak would need wider participation in agriculture among urban residents as an alternative food
Read more »

Total COVID-19 cases in QC still at 1,104; no new case reportedTotal COVID-19 cases in QC still at 1,104; no new case reportedMANILA, Philippines — The number of confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in Quezon City remained at 1,104 as the local government recorded zero new case on Saturday, April
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 11:59:30