Hong Kong's popular amusement parks Disneyland and Ocean Park are closed fr...
Employees wearing protective masks stand outside the Hong Kong Disneyland theme park that has been closed, following the coronavirus outbreak, in Hong Kong, China January 26, 2020. REUTERS/James Pomfret
SHANGHAI - Hong Kong’s popular amusement parks Disneyland and Ocean Park are closed from Jan. 26 to help prevent the spread of a deadly coronavirus that broke out in the Chinese city Wuhan, state media CCTV reported on Sunday.The Shanghai government said on Friday that Shanghai Disneyland will be closed from Saturday.
China is on a seven-day Lunar New Year holiday that started on Friday, a period when the amusement parks would be usually packed with tourists. China has confirmed 1,975 cases of patients infected with the new coronavirus as of Jan. 25, while the death toll from the virus has risen to 56. The virus originated in the central Chinese city of Wuhan in Hubei late last year and has spread to Chinese cities including Beijing and Shanghai, as well as to the United States, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, Australia, France and Canada.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Hong Kong Disneyland says closing over China virus fearsThe move came as city leader Carrie Lam faced criticism in some quarters over her administration's response to the crisis, including calls to halt, or limit, arrivals from the Chinese mainland where the epidemic began.
Read more »
Hong Kong leader declares virus emergency, halts official visits to mainland ChinaHong Kong leader Carrie Lam declared a virus emergency on Saturday, announcing m...
Read more »
Hong Kong leader declares virus emergency, halts official visits to mainland ChinaHong Kong leader Carrie Lam declared a virus emergency on Saturday, announcing m...
Read more »
Hong Kong leader declares citywide virus emergency over coronavirus, cancels all official visits to mainland China
Read more »
Hong Kong Declares Emergency in Coronavirus ResponseHong Kong’s government has put the territory on the highest state of emergency in response to the outbreak of coronavirus in mainland China. Schools will remain closed until Feb. 17, long after the…
Read more »
Hong Kong shutting down schools until February 17 over coronavirus - Business InsiderIn addition to the school cancellations, the city will temporarily suspend all plane and train service in and out of Hong Kong.
Read more »