An Eastern Cape woman allegedly kidnapped in Gqeberha at the weekend has returned home and is safe, authorities confirmed on Tuesday.
The Eastern Cape Hawks were reluctant to comment as it was not their success, but they provided details on the incident.
They explained that the woman was taken in front of her employees and husband while she was serving customers. “Two unknown men are reported to have barged into the business and fled with the woman in a brown VW Polo which was later found abandoned in Klaas Street in Gqeberha. “According to the victim, she was blindfolded and taken to a roofless, deserted house in Mbeki Street, Ezinyoka, in Gqeberha. Her hands were tied with cable ties. Yesterday [Monday] evening she managed to untie herself and jumped over the wall to the neighbour for assistance. Her family and friends were called,” they said.This is the third reported kidnapping in the Eastern Cape in the past two weeks.
A poster shared on Facebook said Wicks was last seen with the alleged kidnappers driving towards Langeni in a white VW Polo with an unknown registration plate.He was also released in the early hours of Monday. The same day he was snatched, biokineticist Riana Pretorius, who had been missing for a week, was returned home.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Gqeberha businesswoman snatched at the weekend has been foundGqeberha businesswoman snatched at the weekend has been found: An Eastern Cape woman allegedly kidnapped in Gqeberha at the weekend has returned home and is safe, authorities confirmed on Tuesday.
Read more »
Gqeberha businesswoman snatched at the weekend has been foundAn Eastern Cape woman allegedly kidnapped in Gqeberha at the weekend has returned home and is safe, authorities confirmed on Tuesday.
Read more »
Over 20 people injured after bus overturns in Eastern Cape - SABC NewsMore than twenty people were rushed to the Nelson Mandela Academic Hospital after a bus overturned on the gravel road near Nkonkoni village at Libode in the Eastern Cape on Saturday.
Read more »
Two Eastern Cape police officers killed in separate incidents - SABC NewsEastern Cape Acting Provincial Commissioner, Major-General Zithulele Dlala, has expressed shock after an off-duty police sergeant, Vuyolethu Madala, was shot dead at Kwantsila village in Port St Johns.
Read more »