Gabonese authorities were searching on Monday for 31 people still missing after a ferry sank last week just off the coast of the central African country, killing six people.
The Esther Miracle ferry was carrying 161 passengers from Libreville to Port-Gentil when it sank on March 9 close to the coastal village of Nyonie.
"We have not stopped the search operations, we have continued them since the first day. As we speak, a boat is at the area with diving teams which are locating the shipwreck," Gabon's Prime Minister Alain-Claude Bilie By Nze told state broadcaster Gabon 1ere on Sunday. The air force has been conducting daily search operations in order to find the missing people since the ferry sank, pilot Modeste Mezui told the state broadcaster.Reporting by Gerauds Wilfried Obangome and Christophe Van Der Perre; Writing by Anait Miridzhanian; Editing by Toby Chopra
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Is your Sassa gold card expiring this month? Here’s where and when to collect a new oneBeneficiaries of South African Social Security Agency grants with gold cards expiring this month can collect new cards at South African Post Office branches from Monday.
Read more »
Entries for Miss South Africa 2023 open on Monday | LifeSouth Africa will soon be searching for Miss South Africa 2023 to follow in the footsteps of reigning queen Ndavi Nokeri. | News24Arts
Read more »
Sunshine to start the week – Monday weather forecastGood morning, Cape {town} Etc family! It's a brand new week and we're starting it off with some sunshine. See what’s on Monday's weather forecast:
Read more »
South Africa: Today’s latest news and headlines, Monday, 13 March 2023In the latest news in South Africa on Monday 13 March, Mark Pilgrim lost his battle with stage 4 lung cancer on Sunday.
Read more »