Funerals are continuing to prove a headache in the fight against the coronavirus in the Eastern Cape.
“So we still want to make the call to our people to be aware that funerals, because of the fact that they bring so many people together under very difficult situations, they tend to have a contribution to the spread of infection, particularly because people tend to be closer to one another.”night vigils were not allowed; and“The fight against Covid-19 is a community fight. It’s about keeping the community safe,” he said.
Meanwhile, Mkhize also confirmed that some of the Cuban doctors brought into the country would be sent to “hotspots” in the Buffalo City and Nelson Mandela Bay metros. They would also be deployed to the Western Cape.He said the doctors were in quarantine for 19 days before coming to SA, and were also kept under the care of the SA Military Health Services. He said there was no indication at this point at the Cuban doctors had tested positive for Covid-19, as was reported at the end of last week.
“They will be released in the next couple of days. They have not tested positive, as far as we are aware. The reality also is that the Cuban docs came out of love for humanity. They are always among the first to volunteer. In Cuba, it’s an honour to volunteer and save lives, even if it looks dangerous,” he said.
“Cuba has far less Covid-19 than our whole country. I don’t think it’s correct to have these knives and jibes and negative sentiments because it is an unnecessary ... stereotype. Cuba has one of the best health services in the world.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
SA Covid-19 cases climb to over 10,000 as testing surgesWestern Cape and Eastern Cape cases comprise 84% of new infections
Read more »
57 more people who travelled from Western Cape to Eastern Cape test positive for Covid-19The Eastern Cape Health MEC revealed that there has also been a confirmed case at a retail store in Port St Johns.
Read more »
COVID-19 infections in SA increase to 10,015, 8 more deaths, 4,173 recoveriesThe Western Cape and Eastern Cape combined comprised 84% of the total new cases recorded on Sunday.
Read more »
SA's coronavirus death toll rises over 200 mark, with 12 more deathsNorth West recorded its first death, while eight were recorded in the Western Cape, two in the Eastern Cape and two in KwaZulu-Natal.
Read more »
This is where the 453 Covid-19 infections and 12 new deaths came fromThe Covid-19 death toll in the Western Cape has climbed past 100, while the Eastern Cape has replaced Gauteng as the province with the third highest number of deaths.
Read more »
Western Cape to Eastern Cape cross-border Covid-19 infections up to 137The number of people who travelled from the Western Cape to the Eastern Cape that have tested positive for Covid-19 now stands at 137, HeraldLIVE reported.This represents 57 more cases of people who have tested positive afte
Read more »