The Pentagon's two most senior figures were so angry about President Trump's unprecedented attack on senior military leadership earlier this month that they got on the phone with the White House chief of staff to express their dismay, sources say
Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley spoke to Mark Meadows after Trump accused Pentagon leadership of waging wars to boost the profits of weapons manufacturers.
This includes travel to the Indo-Pacific where he witnessed joint exercises and engaged directly with partner nations, and to the west coast to hear from innovate defense industry vendors and see our capital assets in action. We do not foresee a change in our travel schedule," Hoffman said.Milley, on the other hand, is staying in Washington as much as possible. Aides say the pandemic has limited his typical overseas travel.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Virginia Trump Supporters Help Trump in His Push to Make It Harder to VoteAfter Trump encouraged crowds to be “poll watchers,” a group of Virginia supporters protested early voting and may have engaged in voter intimidation.
Read more »
‘It’s dog-whistle base stuff’: DeSantis launches Trump-styled protest crackdownFlorida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis outlined an aggressive plan to crackdown on what he calls “violent agitators”, amplifying Florida’s role in a polarizing national fight Trump and other Republicans are waging against Biden and Democrats
Read more »
Trump to reveal Supreme Court pick by Saturday in bid to fill seat before electionPresident Donald Trump raced on Monday to cement a conservative majority on the U.S. Supreme Court before the Nov. 3 election, telling reporters he planned by Saturday to reveal his pick to succeed liberal icon Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Read more »
Analysis: US to hit 200K dead; Trump sees no need for regretAs the coronavirus pandemic began bearing down on the United States in March, President Donald Trump set out his expectations. If the U.S. could keep the death toll between 100,000 to 200,000 people, Trump said, it would indicate that his administration had “done a very good job.”
Read more »
Mueller prosecutor Andrew Weissmann rips Trump, Barr in new book - Business InsiderBusiness Insider is a fast-growing business site with deep financial, media, tech, and other industry verticals. Launched in 2007, the site is now the largest business news site on the web.
Read more »
Senate has more than enough time to confirm Trump Supreme Court nominee, McConnell saysMitch McConnell said the Senate has more than enough time to confirm President Donald Trump's Supreme Court pick before end of the year, or even before Election Day.
Read more »