England's Robinson suspended by ECB for historic racist, sexist posts

United States News News

England's Robinson suspended by ECB for historic racist, sexist posts
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 Reuters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 53 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 97%

England fast bowler Ollie Robinson has been suspended from 'all international cricket' after historical racist and sexist tweets came to light earlier this week when he made his test debut against New Zealand, the country's cricket board (ECB) said on Sunday.

Cricket - First Test - England v New Zealand - Lord's Cricket Ground, London, Britain - June 2, 2021 England's Ollie Robinson Action Images via Reuters/Andrew Couldridge

England fast bowler Ollie Robinson has been suspended from "all international cricket" after historical racist and sexist tweets came to light earlier this week when he made his test debut against New Zealand, the country's cricket board said on Sunday. Robinson, 27, was the pick of England's bowlers in the drawn test with seven wickets in the match and had released a statement on Wednesday apologising for his "thoughtless and irresponsible" tweets."England and Sussex bowler Ollie Robinson has been suspended from all international cricket pending the outcome of a disciplinary investigation following historic tweets he posted in 2012 and 2013," the ECB said in a statement.

"He will not be available for selection for the second Test against New Zealand starting at Edgbaston on Thursday 10 June. Robinson will leave the England camp immediately and return to his county."Subscribe for our daily curated newsletter to receive the latest exclusive Reuters coverage delivered to your inbox.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

Reuters /  🏆 2. in US

United States Latest News, United States Headlines



Render Time: 2025-04-04 10:02:31