Durban jewellery heist couple arrested in East London after months on the run

United States News News

Durban jewellery heist couple arrested in East London after months on the run
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 TimesLIVE
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 43 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 21%
  • Publisher: 59%

A Durban couple, who pulled off a multi-million rand jewellery heist in 2013 and was on the run since 2018, was arrested in East London on Monday morning.

A tip-off led to the arrest of Mohamed Billal Sheik, 37, and 42-year-old Zahida Rahaman, who were involved in the 2013 break-in at the Cherry Design store in Durban's Gateway shopping centre.A Durban couple who pulled off a multimillion-rand jewellery heist in 2013 and has been on the run since 2018, was arrested in East London on Monday morning.

A tip-off led to the arrest of Mohamed Billal Sheik, 37, and 42-year-old Zahida Rahaman, who were involved in the 2013 break-in at the Cherry Design store in Durban's Gateway shopping centre. Coast to Coast Special Investigations private investigator Sean Peirce, who had been helping the police, said the relentless pursuit of the couple led to their arrest.

"We posted all over Facebook and crime groups about them being on the run. A tip-off came on Thursday. It was communicated to Durban police, who contacted East London police. It was discovered the pair were working in East London. The warrants of arrests were e-mailed and they were arrested this morning [Monday]," he told TimesLIVE.

TWO SUSPECTS ARRESTED This morning 18/5/2020 at 5 am in a joint operation with Durban North SAPS and East London Hawks...

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TimesLIVE /  🏆 28. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Health department call centre in East London closed after four test positive for Covid-19A section of the Eastern Cape health department call centre building in East London has been temporarily closed and will be decontaminated after four of its head office staff tested positive for Covid-19. This brings the number of health workers who have tested positive for the coronavirus in the province to 57, according to the health department.
Read more »

East London mom with stage 4 cancer beats coronavirusThree weeks ago, East London mom Cheree McEwen was told that she'd contracted Covid-19 while undergoing surgery to remove more than 20 tumours from her body at Johannesburg's Morningside Mediclinic. COVID19SA
Read more »

East London mom with stage 4 cancer beats coronavirusThree weeks ago, East London mom Cheree McEwen was told that she'd contracted Covid-19 while undergoing surgery to remove more than 20 tumours from her body at Johannesburg's Morningside Mediclinic.
Read more »

Health department call centre in East London closed after four test positive for Covid-19A section of the Eastern Cape health department call centre building in East London has been temporarily closed and will be decontaminated after four of its head office staff tested positive for Covid-19. This brings the number of health workers who have tested positive for the coronavirus in the province to 57, according to the health department.
Read more »

50 businesses shut down in Durban as operation targets unlicensed traders and illegal money lendersMore than 20 undocumented foreigners were arrested on Wednesday in a joint operation by the KZN department of economic development, the labour department, home affairs' immigration unit and law-enforcement officials.
Read more »

Durban July is on, but with a no spectatorsRace is expected to be run behind closed doors on July 25
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 03:53:18