Dnipro mayor says chances are minimal of finding survivors in wrecked apartment building

United States News News

Dnipro mayor says chances are minimal of finding survivors in wrecked apartment building
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 malaymail
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 41 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 20%
  • Publisher: 86%

DNIPRO (Ukraine), Jan 15 —The chances are “minimal” of pulling more survivors from the wreckage of an apartment building in the Ukrainian city of Dnipro that was hit by a...

DNIPRO , Jan 15 —The chances are “minimal” of pulling more survivors from the wreckage of an apartment building in the Ukrainian city of Dnipro that was hit by a Russian missile strike yesterday, the city’s mayor told Reuters in an interview today.

“I think the chances of saving people now are minimal. As of 11:00, 21 people are dead, but 40 are missing,” said Borys Filatov.The Dnipro City Council reported after Filatov made his comments that the death toll had risen to 23, while 43 people had been reported missing. The building was hit during a wave of Russian strikes on Ukraine yesterday, the latest of missile attacks in recent months on critical infrastructure that have plunged the country into darkness and killed civilians.

As Filatov spoke, rescue workers were digging through smashed concrete and twisted metal from a portion of the building. He said 72 apartments had been destroyed. Filatov said he believed the missile, which he described as an “absolutely inaccurate” X-22, was likely aimed at a power station nearby.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

malaymail /  🏆 1. in MY

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Siti Bainun to testify in Bella case on Jan 16Siti Bainun to testify in Bella case on Jan 16KUALA LUMPUR: The High Court here has dismissed Rumah Bonda founder Siti Bainun Ahd Razali's application for a revision of the Sessions Court's decision for her to enter defence on charges of neglecting and abusing 13-year-old girl with Down Syndrome known as Bella.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 08:54:06