Denmark has confirmed its first coronavirus infection in a man who recently returned from a ski holiday in the Lombardy region in northern Italy, the Danish Health Authority said on Thursday.
After testing positive on Wednesday night, the man was put in isolation in his own home together with his wife and son, who both tested negative for the virus.
“We are taking the new situation very seriously. The work of containing and tracing has begun,” Health Minister Magnus Heunicke said in a statement. The case will not change the country's current risk assessment, published on Tuesday, which finds a low risk of a countrywide epidemic, the Danish Health Authority said, but added it expected more cases of infection in Denmark.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
‘Panic buying’ discouraged in Italy as coronavirus continues to spreadAnxious Italians in north of the country are rushing to stock up on supplies in preparation for a widespread lockdown caused by the spread of the coronavirus.
Read more »
Man infected with coronavirus in Germany after trip to ItalyA 25-year-old man living in the southern German state of Baden-Wuerttemberg tested positive for the coronavirus on Tuesday, February 25 after a trip to Milan, the state's Health Ministry said.
Read more »
Rome calls for emergency talks as virus spreads in ItalyPrime Minister Conte blames outbreak on poor management in northern hospital
Read more »
Man infected with coronavirus in Germany after Italy trip - Health Ministry - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.A 25-year-old man living in the southern German state of Baden-Wuerttemberg tested positive for the coronavirus on Tuesday after a trip to Milan, the state's Health Ministry said.
Read more »
Algeria announces first confirmed case of coronavirus - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Algeria has reported its first confirmed case of the new coronavirus, an Italian man who arrived in the country on February 17 and has been put into isolation.
Read more »
Italy's coronavirus outbreak is forcing its biggest football matches to be played in empty stadiumsThe coronavirus has hit Italy harder than any other country outside Asia, with at least 229 cases and seven deaths reported so far.
Read more »