CORONAVIRUS | This was due to an inaccurate report from Bernama which was corrected but not before the news was published.
| Director-general of Health Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said today he had never issued a statement asking the public to avoid the Pantai and Bangsar areas over the next 10 days due to Covid-19, as was viralled on social media.The erroneous paragraph was in areport quoting Dr Noor Hisham praising the quick action taken by Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur cardiologist Dr Sanjiv Joshi who voluntarily distanced himself from the hospital, clinic and family for 14 days.
Dr Noor Hisham had said that Sanjiv, despite being tested negative for Covid-19, quarantined himself during the incubation period as “prevention is better than cure”. "Dr Sanjiv was treating Case 29 who later tested positive for Covid-19. Dr Sanjiv then voluntarily distanced himself for 14 days. I hope those who came into close contact with him will emulate his action to do what is right," Noor Hisham had said in a post on his official Facebook account last night.
The inaccurate news report sparked concern among residents in the vicinity and those who wanted to go to the hospital and nearby areas.corrected the inaccurate news report and issued a note to editors but several news organisations had already carried the news on their portals.Bernama
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Covid-19: Health DG never issued statement over Pantai, Bangsar areasKUALA LUMPUR: Director-General of Health Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah (pix) said today he had never issued a statement asking the public to avoid the...
Read more »
Health DG denies urging public to avoid Pantai Hospital area over Covid-19 scareThere was no such advice, says Dr Noor Hisham. FMTNews Covid19 PantaiHospital
Read more »
Health DG praises Pantai Hospital for quick response on Covid-19KUALA LUMPUR: Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah praised the quick action taken by Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur’s cardiologist Datu...
Read more »
Politicians test negative for Covid-19, says Health DGPETALING JAYA: Two high-profile individuals suspected of having Covid-19 have tested negative for the illness.
Read more »
Four new Covid-19 cases in Malaysia, says Health D-G | Malay MailKUALA LUMPUR, March 1 — Four more positive cases of Covid-19 have been reported, bringing the number in the country to 29. Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the 26th case is a 52-year-old man who had visited Shanghai, China in mid-January. He said the man came down with...
Read more »