Coronavirus: SAF helps with contact tracing, calling those on stay-home notices

United States News News

Coronavirus: SAF helps with contact tracing, calling those on stay-home notices
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 The Straits Times
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 51 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 24%
  • Publisher: 63%

SINGAPORE - When Third Sergeant Reuben George Pharez was activated to call people on stay-home notices - who are not allowed to leave home even to buy food - in the second week of March, his team of six was making about 50 to 100 calls a day.. Read more at straitstimes.com.

SINGAPORE - When Third Sergeant Reuben George Pharez was activated to call people on stay-home notices - who are not allowed to leave home even to buy food - in the second week of March, his team of six was making about 50 to 100 calls a day.

"They appreciate the fact that we're calling to check in on them... It's good to know that they willingly cooperate. His team compiles the reasons given and submits them to ICA for follow-up action. About a fifth of all calls they make are not answered or returned, said 3SG Pharez. Brigadier-General Lee Yi-Jin, commander of the 6th Division and the SAF task force for health monitoring and contact tracing operations, told reporters on Friday that the SAF is always ready to do whatever it takes to defend Singapore's families and way of life.

The SAF has previously helped man temperature screening stations at the airport, as well as monitoring the health of travellers from Hubei province in China, where the coronavirus originated. She said:"Despite having to set aside time from my school and other activities, I still try to make an effort to be part of this operation, because I feel it's really a situation where every Singaporean should be responsible."

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

The Straits Times /  🏆 8. in SG

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

COVID-19: SAF defers all in-camp training, IPPT for NSmen until May 4; some servicemen to work from homeCOVID-19: SAF defers all in-camp training, IPPT for NSmen until May 4; some servicemen to work from homeSINGAPORE: The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) will defer all in-camp training (ICT) and individual physical proficiency tests (IPPT) for ...
Read more »

Coronavirus: Stay at home, go out only for essentials and wear a reusable mask around crowdsCoronavirus: Stay at home, go out only for essentials and wear a reusable mask around crowdsSINGAPORE - Singapore residents should stay at home, going out only for essential services and wearing a reusable mask if they cannot avoid close contact with crowds.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Dress to impress at home: Retailers recast spring looks for coronavirus lockdownsDress to impress at home: Retailers recast spring looks for coronavirus lockdownsDesperate to sell pricey spring looks during the coronavirus lockdown, retailers are turning to social media to show their latest styles in somber, stay-at-home settings.
Read more »

Australia grapples with coronavirus case tracing as state border controls bolsteredAustralia grapples with coronavirus case tracing as state border controls bolsteredSYDNEY: The leader of Australia's most populous state, New South Wales, said on Friday (Apr 3) that authorities did not plan to impose further ...
Read more »

Australia grapples with coronavirus case tracing as state border controls bolsteredAustralia grapples with coronavirus case tracing as state border controls bolsteredSYDNEY (REUTERS) - The leader of Australia's most populous state, New South Wales, said on Friday (April 3) that authorities did not plan to impose further lockdown restrictions, despite concerns more coronavirus cases were emerging without a known source.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'UEFA has suspended all Champions League and Europa League matches 'until further notice' due to the coronavirus pandemic, European football's ...
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-07 01:57:23