China begins pulling back troops near site of India border clash, Indian sources say

United States News News

China begins pulling back troops near site of India border clash, Indian sources say
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 Reuters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 26 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 97%

China began pulling back troops from along its contested border with India on Monday, Indian government sources said, following a clash between the two countries last month in which 20 Indian soldiers were killed.

Troops fought for hours with rods and clubs on the night of June 15, with some falling to their deaths in the freezing waters of the Galwan river in the western Himalayas.

On Monday the Chinese military was seen dismantling tents and structures at a site in the Galwan valley near to where the latest clash took place, said the Indian government sources, who declined to be identified as they are not authorised to speak to the media. In response to a question on whether China had moved back equipment in the Galwan valley, Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said both sides were “taking effective measures to disengage and ease the situation on the border”.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

Reuters /  🏆 2. in US

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Indian soldiers unarmed and caught by surprise in China clash, families sayIndian soldiers unarmed and caught by surprise in China clash, families sayIndian soldiers who died in close combat with Chinese troops last month were unarmed and surrounded by a larger force on a steep ridge, Indian government sources, two soldiers deployed in the area and families of the fallen men said.
Read more »

US-China tensions heat up in South China SeaUS-China tensions heat up in South China SeaFor the first time in six years, two US Navy aircraft carriers are in the South China Sea, the latest show of military might from Washington as it pushes back against China's sweeping claim to much of the contested region.
Read more »

Trump's `strong wall' to block COVID-19 from China had holesTrump's `strong wall' to block COVID-19 from China had holesPresident Donald Trump has repeatedly boasted of his ban on travelers from mainland China to stem the spread of COVID-19. But nearly 8,000 people from Hong Kong and Macao were let in soon after the ban was imposed.
Read more »

As China Imposes New Hong Kong Law, U.S. And Allies Take Steps To RetaliateAs China Imposes New Hong Kong Law, U.S. And Allies Take Steps To RetaliateThe State Dept. ended the sale of military equipment to Hong Kong and the U.K. said it would offer a pathway to British citizenship for Hong Kongers — the latest flares of retaliation against China over its new national security law.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 00:54:53