Organisers said they are exploring 'all contingencies' to realise Cannes 2020 'in one way or another'.
It will be difficult to hold the Cannes film festival in its original form in 2020 due to the coronavirus outbreak, organisers said Tuesday, adding they were looking at new ways of hosting the world's biggest annual celebration of cinema.But organisers said this is"no longer an option" after President Emmanuel Macron said cultural festivals could not resume until mid-July at the earliest.
The virus outbreak has ravaged France's glittering spring and summer cultural calender, with organisers last night cancelling the world's most prestigious theatre festival in the city of Avignon which had been due to start in early July.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Cannes film festival difficult to hold 'in original form', say organisersInstead, they are exploring ‘all contingencies’ to realise the 2020 edition ‘in one way or another’.
Read more »
Cannes film festival difficult to hold 'in original form', say organisersInstead, they are exploring ‘all contingencies’ to realise the 2020 edition ‘in one way or another’.
Read more »
Israel rivals resume unity govt talks with two-day deadlineIsraeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his main rival Benny Gantz held new talks on forming an emergency unity government Tuesday, with a ...
Read more »
Coronavirus: Decision on French Grand Prix's fate expected in days, say organisersPARIS (AFP) - A decision on whether to go ahead with June's French Formula One Grand Prix behind closed doors or to postpone or scrap the event will be made in the coming days, organisers said on Monday (April 13).. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Cycling: Tour de France working on new start dateTour de France organisers are working feverishly in the shadows to find a new start date for cycling's biggest stage race after public gatherings ...
Read more »
Horse racing: Saudi Cup withholds prize money after trainer Servis chargedREUTERS: Organisers of the Saudi Cup, the world's richest horse race, have said they will withhold the US$20 million prize purse pending the ...
Read more »