BREAKING NEWS LIVE | Former Tshwane mayor Murunwa Makwarela to appear in court | News24

United States News News

BREAKING NEWS LIVE | Former Tshwane mayor Murunwa Makwarela to appear in court | News24
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 News24
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 355 sec. here
  • 7 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 145%
  • Publisher: 80%

JUST IN | Former Tshwane mayor Murunwa Makwarela to appear in court

Former Tshwane mayor Murunwa Makwarela handed himself over at the Brooklyn police station in the early hours of Monday morning.

While the occupants waited for the guesthouse gate to open, a man exited a VW Polo and opened fire on the group.Five people were shot, and three of them were declared dead on arrival at a nearby hospital. Two others were admitted for treatment. News24 understands that Gordin's family were in Cape Town and grew concerned when Gordin was unresponsive to messages on Friday night.

According to a statement released by the correctional services department, the Correctional Supervision and Parole Board would consider Pistorius’s release on parole again in August 2024. According to the State, dozens of people were injured in the crash, with injuries ranging from minor to serious. Three people were shot and wounded at a Durban restaurant on Thursday night. Netcare 911 spokesperson Shawn Herbst said paramedics were called to the Browns Drift Road eatery shortly after 19:30, after an"unknown number of armed robbers entered a restaurant and opened fire on patrons".

The party's chairperson is Thlogi Moseki, former ActionSA Ekurhuleni leader who resigned as a councillor in Ekurhuleni Municipality on Wednesday.BREAKING | Fraud case against Cape Town DA councillor withdrawn "As per the directive of the Speaker, councillor Maryke Davies, the special council meeting scheduled for Thursday is hereby cancelled. This is as a result of threats and intimidation meted at councillors and in order to calm the current prevailing situation," the statement read.

Mbuso Moloi has pleaded guilty to theft and contravention of the Road Traffic Management Act during the July unrest in 2021. Sekhokho has previously denied impropriety. Three companies owned by the ANC strongman have, in three years, seemingly scored contracts worth nearly R100 million from the Gauteng Department of Health.A Cape Town woman has been killed, reportedly by pit bulls, at her Bonteheuwel home.

"We are hoping to understand what happened and to hear what will be done about it. We really want answers," committee chair Bulelani Magwanishe told News24.The ministers of Justice and Correctional Services and Police, the National Commissioner of Correctional Services, the regional leadership of correctional services in Mangaung and the Judicial Inspectorate of Correctional Services are all expected to attend the sitting.

Brink won the mayoral vote in the metro with 109 votes. His competitor Cope candidate Ofentse Moalusi received 102 votes.The mayoral appointment will be seen as a hopeful path for the City which has had no permanent mayor, serving longer than a week, since February.The Tshwane mayoral election began on Tuesday afternoon with councillors warned that only an ‘X’ would be allowed in the voting process.

The two previous council meetings to elect a mayor collapsed for various reasons without a vote being cast.Parliament arson accused Zandile Mafe was referred for psychiatric observation to a facility outside the Western Cape in line with his request. Mafe accepted the order and left quietly for his imminent transfer to Fort England Psychiatric Hospital in the Eastern Cape.No police probe into teens who 'stormed' Mall of Africa in chaotic TikTok challenge

National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson Eric Ntabazalila said Smit is number 28 on the waiting list for a space at the Cape facility.The trial of the Mercedes-Benz driver, who went viral on social media after being captured on video footage allegedly looting a Durban Woolworths store during the 2021 July unrest, was postponed on Monday.

Around 60 homes were destroyed when a fire ripped through Imizamo Yethu on Sunday night, leaving 200 people displaced. "Reports from the scene are that two men had been engaged in a heated argument when one man drew a firearm, shooting and killing the other," van Reenen added.25 March 15:20The body burnt in the Mangaung Correctional Centre was not that of Thabo Bester, the Department of Correctional Services has said.

The man was arrested on Wednesday morning at a roadblock on the N6 highway at Reddersburg, said police spokesperson Sergeant Martin Xuma. Hill-Lewis said on Thursday afternoon he had decided to remove Booi from Mayco following his initial suspension as human settlements mayoral committee member last week.

Sithulile Zulu, who faces reckless and negligent driving charges, appeared in a packed Durban Magistrate's Court on Thursday for his bail application. Emergency services spokesperson Charles Mabaso said a truck driver transporting bricks collided with another truck and a vehicle driving in the opposite direction around 10:00.Tshwane Emergency Services personnel used the jaws of life to remove her body from the truck.

The Hawks in North West are looking for a man who allegedly scammed a 54-year-old woman of more than R2 million after meeting on Badoo dating site. Anyone with information is requested to contact the investigating officer, Lieutenant Colonel Morné Grobler, at 082 334 8667.Two people were gunned down in a drive-by shooting along Peters Road in Springfield Park, Durban, on Tuesday afternoon.

“CPR efforts were successful, and she was rushed by ambulance, under the care of an Emergency Care Practitioner, to a nearby hospital for further care,” it added.Ramaphosa says he is 'happy' South Africans did not participate in EFF shutdown A traffic diversion is in place on Prince George Drive in Cape Town after a collapsed sewer pipe damaged the road.

"The area is cordoned off so that the situation can be assessed, and the necessary repairs can be done in the shortest possible time," the City said.Investigation into Bloemfontein power outages underway as generators kick in at health facilities "Effectively, all public health facilities in Bloemfontein that provide services on a 24-hour basis are now on generator power to keep services going on. At least we know that it's not load shedding because we have been assured that our country has achieved the 70% electricity availability factor," said spokesperson Mondli Mvambi.

According to the party, Moalusi is an entrepreneur with 23 years of experience in private and public sectors.Gupta, Bosasa liquidator Cloete Murray succumbs to his injuries after hit A sting operation dubbed,"Tlou Tsu" was conducted by the joint team and the suspects were arrested at the Checkers underground parking area in possession of elephant tusks.

Western Cape police spokesperson Warrant Officer Joseph Swartbooi said when police arrived at the scene, the teen was already dead. A pattern has been established, showing that these crimes usually happen on weekends, and result in unnecessary accidents and loss of life, said Constable Thabiso Makgato.

The DA, ActionSA, Freedom Front Plus and ACDP coalition bloc decided to leave the council late on Friday evening after they raised objections to the presence of two ActionSA councillors whose membership was terminated by the party.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

News24 /  🏆 4. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Former Tshwane Mayor Murunwa Makwarela surrenders to police | The CitizenFormer Tshwane Mayor Murunwa Makwarela surrenders to police | The CitizenBREAKING Murunwa Makwarela faces charges over fraudulent insolvency certificate submitted to City of Tshwane to remain mayor Tshwane MurunwaMakwarela TshwaneMayor FaizelPatel143
Read more »

Former execs at Pamodzi Group in court for fraud | City PressFormer execs at Pamodzi Group in court for fraud | City PressA titanic court battle is on the cards between the Pamodzi Group and two of its former top executives who allegedly fleeced the company of millions in a fraudulent scheme that used third parties to transfer fictitious payments.
Read more »

PICS | Former Cape Flats gang leader leaves life of crime to care for sick animals | News24PICS | Former Cape Flats gang leader leaves life of crime to care for sick animals | News24'A dog is man's best friend, and we must protect them,' says Nazrudeen Adams, a former Rude Oka Boys gang leader, who gave up a life of crime in Lavender Hill to take care of sick and injured animals. | Lisaleesolomon1
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 04:30:18