BREAKING NEWS LIVE | ‘Facebook rapist’ escape: Parliament calls correctional services and police ministers, G4S to account | News24

United States News News

BREAKING NEWS LIVE | ‘Facebook rapist’ escape: Parliament calls correctional services and police ministers, G4S to account | News24
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 News24
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 227 sec. here
  • 5 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 94%
  • Publisher: 80%

JUST IN | Parliament calls Correctional Services and Police Ministers, G4S to account over Bester escape

Parliament calls Correctional Services and Police Ministers, G4S to account over Bester escape

The Mogwase Magistrates’ Court in North West granted Moses Kotane Municipality director of local economic development R10 000 bail and ordered the transfer of her case to the Specialised Commercial Crimes Court for trial. The names on the ballot will see DA Councillor Cilliers Brink battle it out with Cope candidate Ofentse Moalusi.

"My concerns for preferential treatment have been addressed," said Judge Nathan Erasmus to the man accused of starting the catastrophic fire at Parliament. Police have not received any complaints about a large group of teenagers who 'stormed' the Mall of Africa as part of the viral 'Luh Twizzy' TikTok challenge.Police spokesperson Colonel Mavela Masondo said the police were aware of the trend. He said there was no stabbing or other casualties despite reports on social media.

Mbuso Moloi's trial was expected to kick off on Monday in the Durban Magistrate's Court, with the State confirming that it was ready to proceed. City of Cape Town's Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to the blaze in Hout Bay shortly after 19:00. A total of 18 firefighting resources and 70 staff responded.

In a statement released on Saturday, the department said an internal report confirmed that Bester escaped prison on 3 May 2022. The 26-year-old man was driving a sedan with Eastern Cape registration and travelling from Gqeberha to Bloemfontein when he was arrested. Police raided Booi's offices as part of an ongoing investigation into allegations of fraud and tender irregularities.Five people were shot dead in two apparent drive-by shootings in Tongaat, north of Durban, on Thursday afternoon.Police spokesperson Robert Netshiunda said the connection between the two shootings is unclear.

In an affidavit read out in court, Zulu denies the charges against him. His bail bid has been postponed to Friday, 31 March, for the State to verify a copy of his driver's licence, which was submitted in court today.Picture: Truck driver Sithulile Zulu stands in the dock in the Durban Magistrate's Court on Thursday, 23 March 2023. A fire has engulfed Free State Premier Mxolisi Dukwana's official residence.

The driver was airlifted to Milpark Hospital, while the light vehicle driver was rushed to Dr George Mukhari Hospital.Police are investigating the circumstances of the crash.Tshwane councillors have, for the third time, failed to elect a mayor for the capital city. North West Hawks spokesperson Captain Tlangelani Rikhotso said the funds were part of the woman's pension payout.

Emer-G-Med paramedics, together with Netcare911, responded to the scene and, on arrival, found a Volkswagen Amarok riddled with high-calibre bullet holes. President Cyril Ramaphosa says he is happy that South Africans did not heed the call by the EFF to shut down the country on Monday. City of Cape Town Traffic Services spokesperson Kevin Jacobs said both northbound lanes had been closed to traffic at Joe Marks Boulevard in Retreat.

Centlec is investigating the cause of power outages in Bloemfontein after residents were plunged into darkness on Monday evening. The Congress of the People in Tshwane is hoping the third time's a charm with its new executive mayoral candidate.Cope was embarrassed when Murunwa Makwarela resigned just days after he was elected executive mayor.

Bosasa and Gupta company liquidator, Cloete Murray, has succumbed to his injuries after he was shot and wounded while driving along the Newroad offramp on N1 North on Saturday. The suspects, aged 24 and 45, are expected to appear in the Makhado Magistrate's Court on Monday, to face charges of Illicit restricted activity, to wit, selling or trading in a specimen of a listed protected species, African elephant tusks.The body of a 13-year-old boy was found on Henkel Street in The Hague, Delft, on Saturday afternoon.

"The victim was declared deceased on the scene by the medical personnel. We can confirm that a 19-year-old was arrested and detained on a charge of murder," Swartbooi added.- Lisalee SolomonsEkurhuleni metro police urge motorists to be cautious as criminals use 'spike' tactics Hotspot areas are the R562, Olifantsfontein; R21, between OR Tambo International Airport; N3, Leondale and Barry Marais; and the N17, between Rondebult and Heidelberg Road.

The Speaker Mncedi Ndzwanana disagreed about the legality of the two councillors remaining in council.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

News24 /  🏆 4. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Security company G4S maintains Bester died in his cellSecurity company G4S maintains Bester died in his cellThe Department of Correctional Services says it is in talks with security company G4S to get to the bottom of what transpired on the day Thabo Bester allegedly died.
Read more »

Correctional Services Department must scrap 25-year deal with G4S - PopcruCorrectional Services Department must scrap 25-year deal with G4S - PopcruThe police union called on the government to end its partnership with the multinational security company to run Mangaung Prison, following Thabo Bester’s escape from the facility in May 2022.
Read more »

G4S insists Thabo Bester died in fireSecurity company G4S maintains convicted rapist and murderer Thabo Bester died in his prison cell and is not at large.
Read more »

5 important things happening in South Africa today5 important things happening in South Africa todayGodongwana places SA bank under curatorship, Joburg rate warnings, G4S deal criticised, Samwu protests new legislation.
Read more »

G4S insists Thabo Bester died in fireG4S insists Thabo Bester died in fire: Security company G4S maintains convicted rapist and murderer Thabo Bester died in his prison cell and is not at large.
Read more »

Despite all evidence G4S insists Thabo Bester died in fire, Popcru says prove it | The CitizenDespite all evidence G4S insists Thabo Bester died in fire, Popcru says prove it | The Citizen🚔Popcru calls on the police to verify if the man who died in prison was Thabo Bester, wants government to end its partnership with G4S security company to run Mangaung prison 🚨 ThaboBester TheCitizenNews Catch up on what's happening here⬇️
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 15:57:50