Brazil health minister sacked after coronavirus clashes with president Bolsonaro

United States News News

Brazil health minister sacked after coronavirus clashes with president Bolsonaro
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 The Straits Times
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 8 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 6%
  • Publisher: 63%

BRASILIA (AFP) -Brazil's Health Minister Luiz Henrique Mandetta said on Thursday (April 16) he had been sacked by President Jair Bolsonaro, after weeks of clashes between the two over the country's response to the coronavirus pandemic.. Read more at straitstimes.com.

BRASILIA -Brazil's Health Minister Luiz Henrique Mandetta said on Thursday he had been sacked by President Jair Bolsonaro, after weeks of clashes between the two over the country's response to the coronavirus pandemic.

The announcement had been expected for several days given the number of clashes between the pair and their seemingly incompatible outlooks.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

The Straits Times /  🏆 8. in SG

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

99-year-old WWII veteran beats coronavirus in Brazil99-year-old WWII veteran beats coronavirus in BrazilA 99-year-old World War II veteran in Brazil was released from hospital with military honors Tuesday after recovering from the coronavirus. Second Lieutenant Ermando Piveta, who served in the Brazilian artillery in Africa during the Second World War, was brought out of Brasilia's Armed Forces Hospital
Read more »

Trump says halting World Health Organisation funding over its handling of coronavirusTrump says halting World Health Organisation funding over its handling of coronavirusWASHINGTON (REUTERS, AFP) - US President Donald Trump said on Tuesday (April 14) he has instructed his administration to at least temporarily halt funding to the World Health Organisation over its handling of the coronavirus pandemic.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Iran's coronavirus death toll rises to 4,777: Health officialIran's coronavirus death toll rises to 4,777: Health officialIran's new coronavirus death toll rose to 4777 on Wednesday, health ministry spokesman Kianush Jahanpur said in a statement on state TV.
Read more »

Coronavirus to have 'profound' mental health falloutCoronavirus to have 'profound' mental health falloutPARIS (AFP) - The coronavirus pandemic is likely to have a 'profound and pervasive impact' on global mental health as billions struggle to cope with isolated living and anxiety spikes, experts warned Thursday (April 16).. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 20:29:36