Two Manenberg police officers appeared in the dock at Athlone Magistrates’ Court for allegedly kidnapping and extorting R5 000 from a Bangladeshi businessman. DailyVoiceSA
Two Manenberg police officers appeared in the dock at Athlone Magistrates’ Court on Monday for allegedly kidnapping and extorting R5 000 from a Bangladeshi businessman.
The father of two, who runs a take-aways in Epping, says the two sergeants knocked on the door of his flat in a private residential complex.The scared man says a week earlier, his friend had been kidnapped by people claiming to be police and he was forced to pay thousands for their release. “The one from Cravenby was also taken and he paid R170 000. So I called 10111 and told them there is police at my house.”He says police officers from Athlone along with the two cops arrived and searched his home while his wife and children cried.
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
These are the rules – whether I hate booze is irrelevant: CeleThe police minister tackles this and other thorny lockdown issues, including ‘heavy-handed’ cops
Read more »
Lockdown rules cause postponement of case against Andile Mbuthu’s murder accusedSix suspects appeared in the Verulam magistrates court via camera but the matter could not proceed as the court resolved that all suspects needed to appear physically in court.
Read more »
Witbank Police Station closed after Covid-19 case now fully operationalPolice say members of the unit that were in close contact with the cop who tested positive were tested and are currently in self-isolation pending the outcome of their results.
Read more »
Three EC police stations close their doors as cops test positive for coronavirusPeople are advised to call 10111 for all emergencies and complaints, which will be attended to by the surrounding stations.
Read more »
Man appears in Cape Town court after R6m ecstasy bustHis arrest followed an intelligence-driven multi-agency operation at Cape Town harbour, where the Hawks' narcotics enforcement bureau, police crime intelligence, and Sars custom officials tracked a consignment of ecstasy from Europe.
Read more »
SA Lockdown: Zille backs DA court challengeThe party is taking government to court over the lockdown regulations.
Read more »