Azmin asks police not to act against peaceful protesters, but wants the law respected | Malay Mail

United States News News

Azmin asks police not to act against peaceful protesters, but wants the law respected | Malay Mail
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 malaymail
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 25 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 86%

Azmin asks police not to act against peaceful protesters, but wants the law respected

Tuesday, 03 Mar 2020 09:48 AM MYTProtesters gather in front of the Sogo shopping complex during the Save Malaysia Demonstration on March 1, 2020. — Picture by Hari Anggara

The statement was made in relation to the police investigations on Datin Paduka Marina Mahathir, Datuk Ambiga Sreenevasan and several others who organised and attended recent public gatherings carried out over the weekend. Police have opened a sedition investigation against a lawyer who organised a back-to-back rally last week to protest against the power tussle that caused the PH administration to collapse and helped install a new government led by Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

malaymail /  🏆 1. in MY

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

With Muhyiddin now PM, Azmin vows new government’s commitment to reform | Malay MailWith Muhyiddin now PM, Azmin vows new government’s commitment to reform | Malay MailKUALA LUMPUR, March 1 — Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali asserted today that the new government led by the country's eight prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin will be committed to a national agenda for 'inclusive prosperity' and 'institutional reform.' Azmin, seen as one of the key figures who...
Read more »

Azmin Ali criticises assault on Tian Chua at PKR office | Malay MailAzmin Ali criticises assault on Tian Chua at PKR office | Malay MailKUALA LUMPUR, March 1 — Sacked PKR deputy president Datuk Seri Azmin Ali has condemned the attack against his ally, Chua Tian Chang, outside the party’s headquarters today. Chua, who had been in Azmin’s faction of PKR up until the group quit the party, was mobbed earlier today by PKR members...
Read more »

Accusing Muhyiddin of deceiving Malay Rulers, Pakatan to seek police investigation | Malay MailAccusing Muhyiddin of deceiving Malay Rulers, Pakatan to seek police investigation | Malay MailPETALING JAYA, March 1 — Pakatan Harapan will seek to trigger a police investigation against Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin for allegedly misrepresenting his level of support to the Malay Rulers in order to secure the position. PH chief whip Datuk Johari Abdul said the coalition’s...
Read more »

Cops confirm sedition probe against activist behind pro-democracy demonstration | Malay MailCops confirm sedition probe against activist behind pro-democracy demonstration | Malay MailKUALA LUMPUR, March 1 — Fadiah Nadwa Fikri is being investigated for sedition as well as improper use of network facilities in relation to a demonstration last night against an engineered change of government, the police’s Criminal Investigation Department said today. Federal CID chief Datuk...
Read more »

Muhyiddin to see police, military chiefs on first day as PM | Malay MailMuhyiddin to see police, military chiefs on first day as PM | Malay MailKUALA LUMPUR, March 1 — Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin will meet the inspector-general of police and the head of the Malaysian Armed Forces tomorrow, according to the schedule for his day in office. Muhyiddin is due at the Prime Minister’s Office at 8am tomorrow and will meet Chief...
Read more »

Four new Covid-19 cases in Malaysia, says Health D-G | Malay MailFour new Covid-19 cases in Malaysia, says Health D-G | Malay MailKUALA LUMPUR, March 1 — Four more positive cases of Covid-19 have been reported, bringing the number in the country to 29. Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the 26th case is a 52-year-old man who had visited Shanghai, China in mid-January. He said the man came down with...
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 01:47:33