Angola: Foreign Minister Writes to UNSG Over Alleged Mercenaries Sent to Ukraine

United States News News

Angola: Foreign Minister Writes to UNSG Over Alleged Mercenaries Sent to Ukraine
United States Latest News,United States Headlines
  • 📰 allafrica
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 17 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 10%
  • Publisher: 99%

The minister of Foreign Affairs, Téte António, sent on Monday a letter to the Secretary General of the United Nations, António Guterres, in which he again rejected the information on the alleged sending of Angolan mercenaries to fight in the war opposing Russia to Ukraine.

According to a statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to which ANGOP has had access, the minister informed that a note has been sent to the Portuguese authorities where he"vehemently rejects such fallacious information".

The statement adds that in the note addressed to the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Téte António stressed that Angola had already been victim of mercenary activity and invasion by foreign forces, for which it has always condemned such acts with energetic measures, as a way of discouraging them.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

allafrica /  🏆 1. in ZA

United States Latest News, United States Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

LEGAL REFORM RIFT: Israel’s Netanyahu fires defence minister after judicial overhaul rowLEGAL REFORM RIFT: Israel’s Netanyahu fires defence minister after judicial overhaul rowIsraeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu dismissed Defence Minister Yoav Gallant after he urged the government to freeze a contentious judicial overhaul, the prime minister’s office announced on Sunday.
Read more »

Netanyahu fires defence minister after criticism of judicial overhaulDefence minister Yoav Gallant’s dismissal fuels mass protests
Read more »

Finance minister places Habib Overseas Bank into curatorship to protect depositors | BusinessFinance minister places Habib Overseas Bank into curatorship to protect depositors | BusinessMinister of Finance Enoch Godongwana has placed Habib Overseas Bank under curatorship with immediate effect to deal with 'governance, compliance and operational failures' and protect the bank's depositors. | News24_Business
Read more »

WATCH | Load shedding won't be ended 'through an act of God', says electricity minister | News24WATCH | Load shedding won't be ended 'through an act of God', says electricity minister | News24Newly appointed electricity minister, Kgosientso Ramokgopa, says the Lethabo Power Station in the Free State is the first that he has come across that is performing well.
Read more »

BANKING: Finance Minister moves to place Habib Overseas Bank under curatorship – prompted by greylisting?BANKING: Finance Minister moves to place Habib Overseas Bank under curatorship – prompted by greylisting?Habib Overseas Bank, one of the smaller South African banks that opened its doors in 1990, was placed under curatorship on Sunday night by the Minister of Finance. This followed a recommendation from the Prudential Authority based on governance, compliance and operational failures at the bank.
Read more »

Sports minister Zizi Kodwa to meet Safa officials in wake of Bafana shockerSports minister Zizi Kodwa will meet South African Football Association (Safa) president Danny Jordaan this week to discuss a variety of issues related to the state of football in the country.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 06:34:00