A 16-year-old male has been identified as the seventh suspect in the murder and kidnapping of Tongaat teen Andile “Bobo” Mbuthu.
At the start of the matter in the Verulam magistrate's court on Tuesday, magistrate Rajesh Parshotam informed the court that the teen, who cannot be identified because he is a minor, had made his first appearance the day after the six other accused appeared last week.Mlungisi Thabethe, 28, Andile Nhleko, 27, Mncedisi Mzobe, 27, Siyanda Msweli, 26, Lindani Ndlovu, 22, and Malusi Mthembu 27 appeared via audio video remand from Westville prison.
Parshotam said that he would once again try to advocate for the men to be brought to court. All seven accused face charges of kidnapping and murder. Fata Shandu of the Hambanathi community policing forum, in Tongaat, says that they have submitted a petition against the bail application of the men accused of murdering teen Andile Mbuthu
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
16-year-old named as 7th suspect in murder of Tongaat teen Andile 'Bobo' MbuthuA 16-year-old male has been identified as the seventh suspect in the murder and kidnapping of Tongaat teen Andile “Bobo” Mbuthu.
Read more »
22 more Covid-19 deaths as SA infections increase to 16 433As of today, the total number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in South Africa has increased to 16 433 with 22 more deaths reported.
Read more »
16-year-old named as 7th suspect in murder of Tongaat teen Andile 'Bobo' MbuthuA 16-year-old male has been identified as the seventh suspect in the murder and kidnapping of Tongaat teen Andile “Bobo” Mbuthu.
Read more »
Lockdown rules cause postponement of case against Andile Mbuthu’s murder accusedSix suspects appeared in the Verulam magistrates court via camera but the matter could not proceed as the court resolved that all suspects needed to appear physically in court.
Read more »
Free State police call for information after discovery of woman's bodyPolice in Bohlokong in the Free State have launched a murder investigation after a 49-year-old woman was found murdered.
Read more »
North West dad allegedly murdered two sons by feeding them rat poisonNorth West police have arrested a 38-year-old man for allegedly murdering his two sons aged 11 and 12 by feeding them rat poison. TheStar_news
Read more »