Five Italian scuba divers died while exploring underwater caves in the Maldives. A team of expert divers from Finland recovered the bodies and provides new clues on how the group died due to factors said to take the wrong tunnel in an underwater cave. The investigation into the death is looking into accidents caused by the over depth of water the divers entered
A team of expert divers from Finland has provided new details on the deaths of five Italian scuba divers in the Maldives . The divers' group, led by diving instructor Gianluca Benedetti, was on a dive in the Vaavu Atoll to explore caverns when they failed to resurface.
The bodies of the five divers were recently discovered in the reasons of cavern's third and final chamber. A team of expert divers from Finland, who recovered the bodies, suggests that the group of experienced scuba divers may have taken the wrong tunnel on their way out of an underwater cave. The company Dan Europe recovered the technology and GoPro cameras went by some of the walkers, which officials look forward to lighting better understanding of how the disaster unfolded.
Investigators are trying to determine how the group met their fate. The pro-divers discovered the group in a corridor with a dead end inside the cave complex, and suggests that there was no way out from there. The company's CEO, Laura Marroni, said 'there was no way out from there,' in a report to La Repubblica newspaper.
Authorities in the Maldives are investigating how the Italians were allowed to descend to a depth of nearly 200ft when the Indian Ocean country permits a maximum depth of 98ft for tourists
Maldives Italy Underwater Caves Diving Accident Expert Divers Dan Europe Laura Marroni
United States Latest News, United States Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Bodies of 4 missing Italian divers located in Maldives sea caveThe bodies of four missing Italian scuba divers who died last week have been found, Maldives government said Monday, following a fraught mission to locate them in an underwater cave.
Read more »
Finnish divers recover remaining 2 bodies of Italians from underwater cave in MaldivesDivers have recovered the last two bodies of the four Italians who died deep inside an underwater cave in the Maldives last week.
Read more »
Finnish divers recover remaining 2 bodies of Italians from underwater cave in MaldivesSpecialist technical and cave divers brought the bodies to the surface after multiple search and retrieval efforts, nearly a week after the divers died.
Read more »
Finnish Divers Suggest Italians Took Wrong Tunnel in Maldives Cave DisasterA team of expert divers from Finland has concluded that the Italian group may not have known that they had taken the wrong tunnel due to a lack of natural light in the corridor and the sandbank. If they had mistakenly gone through the wrong tunnel, they would have been trapped with limited air supply.
Read more »




